Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok guys I know a bunch of you rode the Elsinore GP so lets hear how you all did. From what I saw Saturday the track looked like a blast to ride.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
My son and a friend and I were there from about 10:30 til 4. We got around to just about every point on the track and watched. Unfortunately the only 'Crew member we made out was Ol 89'r in the Mushman race, and he was flat out haulin'. Way to go Terry. :worship: :thumb:

It sure looked like a heckuva lot of fun from all the places we watched from. I hope to enter next year.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I was looking for Thumbs but couldnt make out his ride from the other 100 or so Hondas in the 125 class. Short and sweet little GP. I have to say though, the people running the race sure did a great job. That has to be the first time Ive seen so many sweepers on the course and riding parameics also. It was funnier than hell to see the course workers picking up so many of the 60s and 80s riders. They looked beat after that race.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Boodac/Joker.

Thanks for coming out and cheering us on guys. :thumb: Rich, I could hear you yelling at me every lap in that turn. I had a good start and did ok for a couple, three laps until the dreaded arm pump set in. Finished 8th in the legends class.

Sunday, over 50 Ex. After an unsuccessful last lap, last turn pass attempt. I picked myself up off the street and finished 4th. Damn, I almost made it through the whole weekend without crashing. Joker, that wasn't me in the Mushman race but, thanks for paying me homage anyway. :confused:

Desert_racer finished 2nd in his class and he was flat flying. Congratulations Rex, that was awesome. :worship:

Firelilly finished 6th in her race. Excellent finish and I found out she has only been riding for a couple of years. Way to go Mini. ;)

Not sure how everyone else finished, but we all walked away grinnin' from ear to ear.

I want to thank Rex and his lovely wife Angie for the BBQ after the races. That was really neat and you two have a beautiful home. Also, after meeting Angie, I see where your son gets his good looks from.

It was great meeting our members from the North. Buddy, Mini, Randy and Susan. That's a really trick lil' scoot you have there Susan.

Thanks again for those that came out to cheer us on. Can't wait for next year. :yeehaw:

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great to hear it guys!!;) Glad no one got hurt and you all had a super time!!

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Thanks 89r... It was great having everyone over.

The race was a blast. We were blessed with rain so the course had lots of traction (well, except for my adventure through the mud hole) and very little dust.

Thanks again for all that came to participate especially our friends from Oregon, and NorCal.... Talk about dedication.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I was #194 125 beg. There must have been 100 bikes in my race and at least half were in my class. My race went something like this. I passed lots of people on the start and lots of people passed me then I would pass them and then they would pass me. One the the next lap I passed some people and then some people passed me, then I would pass some more folks and some more folks would pass me, some twice. On the third lap I passed 2 guys and then got passed by 3 guys then passed one guy then got passed buy two guys but then passed 4 guys but got passed back by one of the four guys so I really only one passed 3 of the 4 guys that I last passed. On the third lap there was this weird haze in the air and all my instruments stopped working. I didn't pass anyone nor did I get passed by anyone. Strange I though. The fourth lap the haze dissapeared and everything was back to normal. I got passed by 2 guys but then I passed 12 guys only to be repassed buy 8 guys and the water truck. On the fith lap I passed 3 guys then got passed by one guy then I passed another guy before I got passed by 4 chicks, 9 dudes and a toddler on a Big Wheel. On the 6th and final lap I passed a few lappers, got lapped a few times, caught 2 of the chicks and 1 of the dudes but I never did see the toddler again.

Well, that's the best that I can remember and I have know idea where I finished.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I decided to run the unclassified at 7 AM, because I was up early anyway. The track wasn't too bad as far as mud was concerned, but I still rode gingerly around the track. On the third lap, I decided to kick it up a gear, and basically go twice as fast. About a minute later on the ridge fireroads, I hit an unseen object and went flying out of control into the near vertical rockface on the right side. I kind of skirted up the side (who says I can't ride off cambers) until I hit a protruding rock about 8 feet up. It took me a few minutes to shake it off, but all I had was a minor scrape (all the theatrics were for nothing). I was kind of dark at 7 AM, so combined with four levels of tearoffs, some things were hard to see.

My bike was another story. The pipe was mashed beyond any hope of repair (FMF, take my money :( ). Someone said it's only money, but I'm not a D-I-N-K (Double Income No Kids) or an OINK (One Income No Kids) so I could always use the cash.

After swearing that I'd pack up and miss my 11 AM +40 Novice race, I came to my senses and got ready to line up with 160 or so riders in that event (including the beginners and +50 nov/beg). I think I got about a 25 th place start and was passed by at least 40 riders, so my results weren't worth writing home about. If you couldn't ride rocky fireroads, this type of race wasn't your cup of tea.

Other than that, my race was much like thumbs – fun, but I think I'll leave the race to the Legends next year. ;)

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Nice report Thumbs & Holeshot. To be beaten by a chick oh the shame. <kidding> Actually, KTM's Kellys Yancey was in the 125's and she was smoking 90% of the guys. The 125's were a big group. Unfortunately the majority seemed to be Hondas so picking out Thumbs in the group was impossible. The unclassified riders had to be the muddiest of all the groups. Talk about being covered head to toe. Holeshot I take it you rode the mud hole instead of the detour. Not many tried going through the mud hole. In fact all but maybe 2 riders in each divison tried the that direction. By the end of the day Saturday the mud had to be a minumum of a foot deep. All I can say is nice job guys. At least you went out and had fun racing. Isnt that what really counts? That is unless your Thumbs and you get smoked by all the women riders. <kidding again>

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Not many tried going through the mud hole. In fact all but maybe 2 riders in each divison tried the that direction.

As far as I know, Desert_Racer was the only one of the SoCal Crew to go through the mudhole (BTW, he makes great hamburgers :thumb: ).

I had some difficulty keeping the 125 in a consistent forward motion, and the rear suspension seemed a bit soft for the chuck holes on the course (but most people were experiencing the same problem).

I think the "toddler" that thumbs mentioned was in my race too - some midget on an XR75 that was smoking everybody. And then there was the chick who screamed at me to "get out of the way". Or maybe it was a guy who had a recent sex change operation (coulda been, ya know :think: )

We need another SoCal ride on a smooth, groomed, rock free motocross track. This offroad stuff takes to much skill. :confused:

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Great report, thumbs!
You must have very good memory that you could count the numbers of the riders!!! By the way, did you lap me?

holeshot, so you did race at 11 am.....
Sorry that I didn't come to see you. Someone told me that you broke your bike pretty badly earlier and are not going to race at 11 am. So I decided not to look for you in that 100 or more riders.

Well, I was just happy that I didn't fall, didn't break anything on my bike, didn't get hurt.....and I did pass some riders who were moving!
That ride was completely different than my regular ride in woods. I changed my gear from 12 to 13, but after the race I thought it could have gone up to 14.

I think you all missed DRN ladies' heat in the Saturday 9 am race. Jennifer and I were passing each other for a while, and at the end Susan passed me and Jennifer, and she came in 1st of 4 of us. She ended up getting 3rd in Women's Novice. I passed Jennifer at the end and came in 6th in Women's Beginner. Jennifer was 7th. And another lady Janice got 2nd in the same class.
Belinda got 4th in Novice.

I don't know the result of the 2nd race I did. But I started from the end of the crowd, so the most of the riders lapped me later. One question! Is it O.K. to pass other riders when yellow flag is up? A couple of riders passed me when yellow flag was up. I was just following the rider in front of me, because I thought I shouldn't pass then.

This was definitely a great experience for me.
And I was so happy to see you SoCal Wrecking Crew. You guys are fun!!

Mini ;)

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thumbs.

That was a classic ride report. :thumb: :) :) I'm just now cleaning up all of the coffee. :scream:

Photos from the event should be up by Wedensday at www.mxphotos.com

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
My race went alot like Thumbs but only lasted a lap and a half. On the back table I launched off it next to a guy on a Kawi. he launched side ways into me and we hit in mid air. I don't really remenber the landing but when I got up my bike was to damaged to continue. I putted back to the pits and just hung out the rest of the time. I may have had a slight concussion as I was dazed and kinda out of it the rest of the day. No other injury damage for me.

It's always fun to hang with the crew and Rex thanks for having us over. :yeehaw:

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Once again Scar bumps his head. He's gonna be like Joe Montana---early retirement from too many bumps on the head!
Scar, did you see the Vegas lights?

Tee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Here are a few pictures from Sunday. My batteries died in the camera, so I didn't get too many.
-->Pictures <--

I was just a spectator this trip and left the 200 in the garage. The weather turned out great on Sunday and I had a good time.

T

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Photos are up from Saturdays races.

Click here

2 good pic of Mini - #75 Womens
1 of me - #194 125's
2 of Terry - #3 Legends

I couldn't remember anyone elses #

Last edited:

Ol'89r