GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Hello all,

Ride/place report. Today Zapped and I went here and had a good time. If you look at their website, it is very deceiving as all you see is a mud bog. Rest assured, there are miles and miles of nice trails through woods, creeks, ect..... Zapped took a few pics of some of the trails so they can be added to their website. The place is just a hair under 2500 acres, even though the website actually says "over 2000 acres".

Today we rode approximately 35 miles "according to Zapped's odo" and rarely rode the same thing twice and definately did not see all the trails. Most trails are 4 wheeler width with some fast sweepers and tight trails intermixed. Very little open field to ride through, possibly 100 acres or so. I did talk to the owner about setting up some nice single track and she seemed very receptive to it.

The woman/man that own this place is very nice and pleasant to be around and they have spent a boatload of money making it what it is. The best part is that it's just getting started and they are still planning on adding more trails to ride.

If you look on the TORO website, they already have a race scheduled there for March 5, 2006. The lady told me that TORO had been there and was very happy with the place and wanted to do a race there. Should be some nice track to ride after they get through with the race.

If your looking for another good place to ride, take a day and come on down, I think you'll like it. :)

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
It's not flat like a ruler but there is not many elevation changes like Barnwell and there are no rocks either like Barnwell, just dirt. I really did not know what to expect until I went but can tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. It's definately much better than the website shows and it's another large place to ride thats close to many of us.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
That sounds great . I live in Powderly Tx . I ride at Muenster all the time . That will be a lot closer for me . But I'll have to wait about 4 weeks before I can ride again . I'm having surgery
Wednesday . So that will be a long time for me . :(

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
cdc,

Hope your surgery goes well and after you're well, we should hook up and go ride there, Zapped may also be game on a Friday but I'm game any weekday on certain weeks. I know the lady and she would probably let us ride there on a weekday. Of course, the park is officially open at noon Friday thru dark Sunday anyway.

I used to live in Powderly until 3 years ago, nice area. Now that I live in Paris (Reno), it is 25 miles to the new place from my house. Like you, I'm used to driving 1.5 to 2.5 hours each way to go ride and now it takes me less than 30 mins. Much better. :)

Zapped

Sep 14, 2004
Gifford: Flat like a bent ruler! LOL It was alot of fun, you definately get to clear out the motor. Currently while it's dry, the Brushy Creek bed is alot of fun to ride, especially the southern half. It's a good place to take someone that has a 4-wheeler as trails are for both bikes and 4-wheelers.

Top Bottom