XR250 clutch plates...which years

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
I've read that clutch plates out for an XR250, which have more surface area, can be used instead of KDX clutch plates. My question is, which years of XR250 plates will work? I looked up XR250 clutch plates, and there are different part numbers for different years. I definately want to use XR250 plates whenever I need to replace my clutch, but I need to know which ones will work.
Thanks,
Lutz

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Lutz: Thanks for asking the question..something I wanted to know cuz I'd looked up the numbers and wondered myself.

BRush: Thanks for answering!!

rockymountain here I come!!!!!!

Wait...Do these need to be oem plates? Do I need to talk to my friendly whoonda dealer?? Or is aftermarket (ebc maybe?) ok?

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
BRush,
Yeah, thanks a bunch!

canyncarvr,
I'm pretty that they don't have to be oem plates. But, as far as I know, rockymountain only sells clutch kits...meaning you get springs, steel plates, and friction plates...all for the XR250. I'm not sure where to go for just the friction plates, maybe the local honda dealer is the best place. If you find anything out let us know.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
yep

I think what I saw at rockymountain was the whole kit. I'd use the friction/steel parts, but not the springs. Don't need that much PULL!

But I'll bet'cha the kit WITH the springs is cheaper than JUST the plates from a dealer.

You can get the plates separately aftermarket. For my 700sc I did. First the friction plates (didn't fix the slip)..then the steel plates (didn't fix the slip)..THEN the springs (did fix the slip).

Oh..didn't replace the springs first cuz they spec'd out fine, and I din't want no steenking heavy-a$$ aftermarket spring!

I ended up using 1/2 beefy..1/2 stock (weeny) springs.

Oh well!!

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I bought my springs and friction plates from Fredette. The plates were Vesrah (#VC-173). Don't know what the springs are from, but they are nice heavy duty ones.

Top Bottom