XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Nah, in my heart I'll always be XRP, but DAMN! I did not realize how I was using the wrong tool for the job for so many years! To summarize, Vic and I get along great. Who's Vic, you ask? Well, lemme tell ya a little story . . .

Okay, as most of you know, I went and bought a 525 EXC a couple weeks ago. I did not get a chance to ride it until just this weekend (March 12 and 13). What's with this "Vic", you ask. Well, any good bike has to have a name, as the XR was known as Earth Pig, I got the suggestion from Jamir that I should name this bike "Kenny Blankenship" after one of the hosts of "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge". I told him it would be "Vic Romano", since that sounded more Austrian.

Anyway . . .

Friday, I took Vic up to the Seven-Mile Off Road park outside Spokane, WA, for a shakedown run. First off, hit some trails. After 15 minutes, we stop (my stepdad and me -- he's also shaking down a new purchase, replacing his '99 YZ400F with an '02 WR426F), and discuss the situation. He remarks that I am MUCH faster through the woods than I ever was on the XR. I said, through my giant grin, that yes, I felt faster. So then we go hit the sand whoops. Vic eats them up like George Kennedy and Leslie Nielsen popping pistachios on the "Police Squad!" TV show. Then, off to the hills.

It is amazing to get on a bike and be able to shift UP to 3rd (sometimes 4th!) while going up a steep hill rather than having to shift down to first! Again, I was amazed and amused, and kicking my own ass for not making this change sooner!

Anyhow, we also noticed that the WR426 is a much better trail bike than the YZ-F (Imagine that!), and I only have a few issues with Vic. First, adjusting the fuel screw is a butt itch, I definitely need a Zip-Ty (or some other brand) fuel screw that I can adjust with my fat fingers. Second, Vic is geared too high. I'll try a 13 on the front before I go changing the rear. Third, The Earth Pig would turn if you just thought about it, Vic takes a bit more effort, but I'm a big guy so I think I can handle it. Last, but probably not least, even though the seat feels soft, my butt sez different!

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
he'll probably just ride around with his thumb pressing the e-button out of fear of stalling ;)
Congrats on the purchase.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
A new bike is a good thing. I just hope for your sake you don't get acceritious (the act of buying way to many guards and trick billet things for your ride!). That is a horrible wallet crippling sickness.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Alright EXpredator! Make sure you set your sag if it hard to turn you might be squashing it too much in the rear. You might need the 1T schproingen.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Ouch ! I thought you were fast before in the woods ( all be it from the trees bending in fear of your arrival ). DW04 should be very interesting for those in your way.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats on the the new scoot. Always fun on the shake down ride.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Hey congrats on the new ride!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
:thumb: Congrats on the new ride.
Ive noticed a trend of peoples goin orange. Most of which seem to be happy, exept Louis of course.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What are these strange orange bikes you speak of?

Congrats 'pred!

Top Bottom