Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
I have an Xtreme CRII 125cc. The transmission used to have a jerk/slip feel to it in 3rd gear. Now it is starting to behave this way in all of the gears.

I really don't ride it that much so my goal is to get rid of this bike for the least $$. Do I replace the transmission and sell it as a working bike? Sell it as-is? or part it out?

Also, does anyone have a good estimate of what it is worth in this condition?

Thanks so much for any help. I am stuck...

Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
In terms of repairing the bike, I see that Xtreme sells a
COOPER SCR Transmission Kit:

xtrememotorco dottcom/accessories

click 'Accessories', click 'Pit Pro' then scroll down halfway.

But even at $340: I don't know if that is worth it.

On the other hand, I don't know where to sell this. Or where to get a good idea of how much it is worth...

Any ideason where to sell or where to get a good idea of it's value?

Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
Thanks for your reply Chili!
It does feel like a clutch slip, but it is so abrupt that it feels like it a tooth has broken off of one of the gears rather than a clutch slipping. ie I can't recreate that strong of a slack-jerk with the clutch lever.

This happens under heavy loads: half to full throttle or on the gas uphill...

How would I check to see if it is the clutch?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Again not familiar with these bikes but on our bikes I'd just pull the clutch out to inspect and measure the plates to manufacturers specs.

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
The symptoms you have shared sound like one or both of the following. A bent shift fork and/or the edges of the engagement dogs on the side of the gear have worn.

Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
I will have to take a look at the clutch. Hopefully that is the problem.

Can you guys tell me the best place to sell this?

(Xtreme CRII 125cc, aftermarket rear shock, aftermarket coilpack, oversized carb, lightened crankshaft, extra tires, low hours)

Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
Isobareng,

If I do find shift forks or dogs to be an issue, can you give me some ideas on what to look for (is it obvious when you see it?)

The bike shifts and engages gears fine. Then when I give it the gas it pops.

I need to find a site to upload and create a video to demonstrate this...

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
not entirely uncommon for these to have transmission problems. is the problem in every gear or just certain ones? does it go away when you do a 2nd gear start?

cheapest way to fix it is ordering a whole motor for $350ish...from one of the pitbike vendors. you'll spend that easily if its trans problems if you count labor.

vid would be helpful!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup if it's a trans issue (very possible) then I suggest hitting Ebay for a decent Lifan engine and pop that in. You won't get a ton of $$ for a used Xtreme, I'd suggest Craigslist as a good start for a quick sale.

Rutherford

Nov 24, 2007
I have been PMing with Patman. I am going to give my bike one more look over before I order a Lifan 125cc as he suggested. I am assuming that all of the accessories (ignition, throttle + clutch cables, counter shaft sprocket etc) will all fit. ???
Do these engines normally come with the jetting and timing set pretty well? I want to get this running without having to order something after I get the engine.

Thanks,
Rutherford

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom