dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
Ok, don't give me a hard time, I know this is a KDX site but I have a legitimate question about my son's TTR-90, and know there are a few guys here that respond regularly and are typically spot on with their opinions. So here it is....

My son's Yamaha TTR-90 starts fine with the choke on, but after you warm it up for a few seconds and disengage the choke it poops out, meaning it just shuts off. You have to keep it choked and get her good and warm (2 minutes) and then turning the choke off it purrs like a kitten.

I've had the carb apart 2 times, the first time the pilot jet was totally clogged, main jet was OK. After the first cleaning I thought it would be fine, but it was not. The last NC monsoon we had I took it apart again and went through everything with a fine tooth comb - not a thing anywhere, unless there is an obstruction within the air circuit.

Any thoughts? I'm at a loss, the air circuit is the only culprit that I can think is causing this pissy behavior.

The bike is bone stock, nothing has been done to it. Any advice or next steps would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom