Yamaha pw 50 wont start !please help

stevo401w

Jun 5, 2009
Hi i have just bought my son a early yamaha pw 50 but i cant get it to start ! i put a new spark plug in it and new fuel, i cleaned out all carb and blew out jets ! its giving a good clear spark but just drowning the plug with fuel weather the choke is on or off ! my poor little 6 year old son is so upset he just wants to ride it ! can any one help cheers Steve p.s also i noticed under seat a red wire from handle bar switch is broken also there is white wire with red trace not plugged into anything but bike still sparks ???????????

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Sounds like the kill switch wires are disconnected. When you get it running, it might not want to shut off.

I'm sure some may disagree, but in a case of no starting, I'll shoot a blast of starting fluid into the carb just to see if it will fire.

stevo401w

Jun 5, 2009
thanks for advice ! i thought maybe that but wouldnt it not spark if that was kill switch ??????? maybe i will take it apart and have a look thanks again Steve

gbbcole26

Jul 12, 2009
stevo401w said:
Hi i have just bought my son a early yamaha pw 50 but i cant get it to start ! i put a new spark plug in it and new fuel, i cleaned out all carb and blew out jets ! its giving a good clear spark but just drowning the plug with fuel weather the choke is on or off ! my poor little 6 year old son is so upset he just wants to ride it ! can any one help cheers Steve p.s also i noticed under seat a red wire from handle bar switch is broken also there is white wire with red trace not plugged into anything but bike still sparks ???????????
choke might of broke

Top Bottom