Yamaha rider switching to KDX, need help

Greenthumb

Jun 22, 2003
Hello all,
Before anyone blasts me for a question that may be old hat, I did try the search engine and did not come up with much usefull info for my specific question. When comparing a 200 to 220, usually people seem to think that the 200 is the better buy since you can use the 300 or so $'s to modify. My situation is this. new 2002 220 for the same price as the 2003 200. If money is not the issue, which is a better buy for general woods riding and some dunes? I am currently riding a 2002 WR426 so I was thinking the 220 would be the way to go. The only thing that concerns me is the small carb, what is up with that? Any help would be appreciated.

Greenthumb

Jun 22, 2003
Good site. Thanks. Is it difficult/expensive to bore a carb? Also, it does not really say what to bore the carb to? I assume going up to the 35mm diameter would be adequate.

Greenthumb

Jun 22, 2003
My WR is great but it is just a bit too big for me as a play bike. I think the KDX is much better for the type of riding I do. I is sooo light and I can actually touch the ground with both feet!. The WR is has awesome power all over the power band but it is about 60 lbs heavier than the KDX and about 3 inches taller. If I cannot sell my WR for what I need out of it, it will be difficult to get a KDX but hopefully it will sell soon.

Cheers

Top Bottom