Yamaha TTR125 Big Carb / YZ Shock

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Has anybody tried a bigger Mikuni carb on their TTR 125? I'm thinking of a 26mm one.

Has anybody tried a remote reservior early YZ80 (F or G model (?)) shock?

Bike is 125cc, BBR springs, BBR pipe, lightened flywheel, Powroll cam ..... melted VISA! Used for MX by 14yo.

------------------

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Kalitude. Like your pages!

Do they run the standard tube from the carb to airbox or use a sock type airfilter? I'm tracking down a XR200 carb but have stacks of needles and jets for Mikunis which will make jetting easier for me.

I await your info from Engines Only.

------------------

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Carb Parts Warehouse sells a 28mm flatslide kit for the TT-R 125.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Running a 28mm carb on a stock TTR cylinder head with the stock cam is a pretty BAD IDEA. The carb to port area ratio doesn't work with a carb this big unless you get the cylinder head to breathe. A 24mm carb is pushing it with the stock setup, a 28mm carb is just a mis-match looking for a place to happen :)

------------------
Rich Rohrich
==

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the life-long attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich:
Running a 28mm carb on a stock TTR cylinder head with the stock cam is a pretty BAD IDEA. The carb to port area ratio doesn't work with a carb this big unless you get the cylinder head to breathe. A 24mm carb is pushing it with the stock setup, a 28mm carb is just a mis-match looking for a place to happen :)

I suspected as much. I guess I could have mentioned it. :)
I think I read somewhere that BBR is running a 26mm carb. Of course, that's along with a more aggressive cam and head work.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Vic (edited 04-18-2001).]

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by kalitude:
FYI, Frank thinks the XR200 carb is crap,

Agreed :)

------------------
Rich Rohrich
==

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the life-long attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I thought that the XR 200 carb was bigger than 24 mm but I just thought that. I used a 24mm Mikuni on a 95cc XR 80 with cam etc but no head work and it flew. I have a 28mm Mikuni and a 26 mm so I will try the 26mm first.

I'm in Australia and USA parts are wow expensive as our $ only buys 49 US cents. The VISA is still smoking from the last order!

------------------

Top Bottom