Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I am SO looking forward to seeing my DRN buds! It may be smaller this year, but hey... a lot of folks will tell ya that's a good thing. There are several coming that didn't make it last year and that's very cool!

PARTY TIME!!

For all of you that can't make it.. NEXT YEAR!

Sorry you'll miss it ths time. While we'll all miss you, we AINT KNOCKING IT DOWN, YEEEEHAWWWW! 5 Days of moto, friends and bench racing... what more can you ask for?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Okiewan said:
what more can you ask for?
Someone to wash my bike. Oh wait, we have a person designated for that already, don't we? :)

I'm looking forward to it too boss :aj:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
DirtWeek is something that cannot really be explained, only experienced.

I said it before, but I will say it again. Friends are everything to me. I love my family and some of my family are my friends, but every single person I have met over the years that are part of the DRN family have taken a VERY special place in my heart. Friends through thick and thin.

DirtWeek is a reunion of spirit of everything good that America is.

Nightscopes, 68 foot gravel driveways, sitting on your hands, kittens, spiders, dingos, Little Ricky getting his butt burned, love and laughter take on new meaning after 5 days at DW.

I salute Okie for having the idea and the courage to follow his instincts. I salute the countless people that make it run so smoothly, and the participants that fill out what can only be described as a three ring circus of laughter.

For those that I will share time with shortly, I sincerely look forward to our time together with anticipation. For those that I have met before that are not making it, I share your disappointment. For those here that I have yet to meet other than on the web, I look forward to the day we share our time and spirit.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well, I was really going to try to at least make it down for a few days to hang with the crew. But with the new house and all, I will be packing, unpacking, painting, and all of that. I wish I could be there. Someone kiss Lou for me.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
tonight Steve and I sat around, had a few cold ones and discussed how much we are looking forward to DW. Heck, I might even have a new toy by then. Steve's scheming on how he could dis-assemble a bike so we could haul six bikes...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'm looking forward to putting some faces with the names. Thanks for all the hard work that everyone has put in to make it happen. Matt

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Pokie and I are also getting that happy feeling that comes right before dirtweek. We are anxious to see all of you and looking forward to that one week out of the year, when we are with a few hundred people from sunup to sundow and love every minute of it, hating to see it end. We are all so fortunate to be involved in this.
There is something magical about it. Tony has said it rather eloquently, but in this sometimes "not so pretty" world we live in, we have found a place where we are safe and happy, among a wonderful group of people who are kind and giving and care about each other. How lucky is that? As Pokie and I are now retired and look back on our lives, the best memories and the most meaningful are those of our family and friends and the riches, the joy, they bring into our lives. This is what its all about, when all is said and done. DRN has opened the doors to even more friendships to bless us and fill our hearts with gratitude for our perfect little corner of the universe called "dirtweek" See you all soon!!! Yeahhh!!!!

Joy, Team Mom

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Okiewan said:
It may be smaller this year, but hey... a lot of folks will tell ya that's a good thing.

The smaller number really makes me wish I could make it. I think this year is going to be great with a return to the core DRN family. Lucky Bastages! :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
MX-727 said:
The smaller number really makes me wish I could make it. I think this year is going to be great with a return to the core DRN family. Lucky Bastages! :cool:

Todd
Dammit just get there even if it's just for 2 days man. It'd be great to see ya, i'll pour beer down ya and take you out for a "moon" walk buddy at the nite time poker run. Fly in just for the fun.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
motometal said:
tonight Steve and I sat around, had a few cold ones and discussed how much we are looking forward to DW. Heck, I might even have a new toy by then. Steve's scheming on how he could dis-assemble a bike so we could haul six bikes...

Looks like fatherand son and I will be getting our butts kicked in the hare scramble again this year. You guys always clean up!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Well said mom.

Dirtweek is something the Okie clan looks forward to all year long. The friendships, the laughs, and the ever present good will toward all, will always be the highlight of our year. As Shiftless said above, we live in some troubled times, and do not always get to see the best side of mankind. Dirtweek seems to bring out the best in everyone, and reaffirms your faith in humanity. We are blessed to have such great members and DW attendees. We are proud to call DW, our family reunion.

Enough of the sappiness. Cant wait to see those of that can attend, for those of you that wont be gracing us with your presence, you will be missed...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Holy CRAP!!! I better pack, it's just around the corner.....

Let's see...
Bikes, family, well heck, that pretty much covers it! Hot damn Okie, now you got me all fired up and all!! And you guys are in sooooo much trouble cause my moms coming and I filled her in on the whole barrel of monkeys. GIDDY UP!

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
a454elk said:
the whole barrel of monkeys.
So you left out the parts about dingos & monster spiders?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Duh Pat, like I'd tell her about the 8 foot jumping spiders and chicken stealing dingos! I figure she can experience that for herself, AFTER we get there. ;)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Can't believe after all this waiting and anticipation it's actually this close! Sure am looking forward to the annual reunion :nod: Sure hope I finally get to meet Eric and Rich in person this year, but if not, their loss!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Okiewan said:
Fred seems to have the opinion that he get's to pick his team mate :p

You telling me these teams were ramdomly picked?

Team Harescramble
1- BlueThunder - CRSwade
2- TTRGuy-MXBundy
3- Cal-WheelieB4Stroke
4- Russell Pace - Mike Henson
5- FatherAndSon-Fred T
6- Frank Dunn - Bob Westergaard

It's been Mike and my DW tradition to ride the team HS together. In 2003 Mike broke his collar bone and I rode 4 straight laps to honor the team. We won't be able to continue our tradition? This is emotional stuff man. It's a high lite of our trip. C'mon boss let it continue. Jeez, it ain like those every weekend moto heads riding a bike with a head lite in the Bikes with Lites class just so they can whoop on us poor woods riders that never ride MX except at DW. :ohmy:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
As much as it hurts to say this ... I am gonna have to miss my first dirtweek. :|

All my riding buds have bailed on me. Paddy's bulding a house, Timb just got married, RahRah is saving up to go to Vegas for Endurocross. BLAH BLAH BLAH. With gas prices what they are it would be fairly pricy week for me to go it alone.

Yall have a beer or 3 for me and be safe.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
MikeB --- BLAHBLAHBLAH :ahhh:
Tell the truth...........its because the Gnarly clan won't be there. Save up your money and come to St. Louis for the MX in Feb/March.

Mrs. G

Top Bottom