XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Vintage Dirt gave me a beer, and put his lips to the same bottle of Maker's Mark as I did.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
VintageDirt said:
To The Top!!!

I was wondering who did that! :)

I can now add to this list that I sat on a tailgate and ate smoked brisket and salsa made from Hatch Valley Chiles with Vintage Dirt once. I think I rode with him at Moonrocks once too.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
I was wondering who did that! :)

I can now add to this list that I sat on a tailgate and ate smoked brisket and salsa made from Hatch Valley Chiles with Vintage Dirt once. I think I rode with him at Moonrocks once too.
One of my most cherished moments. :nod:

drrty

Mod Ban
Sep 13, 2006
I worked for a few different teams that competed at the NASCAR Busch and Craftsman Truck Series level, so I met a lot of "famous" drivers and crew chiefs. At the end of the day, they all act just like anyone else, so none of us ever treated "them" any differently.

crsaz

Apr 13, 2007
I've never met anyone famous besides a few nhl players during warm ups I got to sit on the bench. but my school had quite a few famous people pass through its doors, including curt schilling,mike bibby,olympic gold medalist misty hyman,wide reciver shaun Mcdonald, robbie findley,race car driver buddy rice, actress amy davidson, and ***** cat dolls member ashley robberts

damn thats alot of people

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Here's mine... not the only brush, but the best by far.

For those of you who have been living in a cave, that's Dominic Chianese, Uncle Junior on the Soprano's.

Ran into him in Greenwich Village in Manhattan last May.

Very cool guy. He was on his way to a senior center at a church
to sing to some of the old folks.

Attachments

• DSC02490 (Small).jpg
    DSC02490 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 132

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have met a few famous...and a few infamous. But I have one that I found interesting and I will share it.

Several years ago, I installed a conveyor system at the Lockheed aircraft plant in Marrietta, GA. During my several month stay in GA, I found myself visiting a local establishment called Ms. Kitty's Saloon, which was a upscale honky-tonk/dance hall there in Marrietta.
The band that was playing during part of the time was a group led by a guy named Travis Tritt. Apparently Travis had been the house band at this place in the past, and his band had returned for sort of a reunion thingy. They were still small timers at this point...

During one of the band breaks I was playing billiards...one of my passions...and since I was shooting pretty fair that night, I kept the table for several racks. Next in line was Travis, who actually shoots decent pool.
I beat Travis a game of 8-ball. There were no others in line at the time, so he asked for a rematch. I obliged, just as a near 10 at a nearby table stated "I'll play with ya, Travis!" Of course it was clear as to who Travis played with next.
So, I figure I'm one up on eem.

Same night, I was in the gents room and there was one of Travis' bandmembers trying to use the payphone on the wall next to the urinals.
He was reading off of a card and seemed to be having a hard time. He look around in disgust and since I was the only other chap around I asked him if he was alright?
He asked me if I knew how to work these damn calling card thingys? Being a hotel afficianado at the time, I was well versed in the art of using a calling card, and obliged to dial up the number for him.
Ringggg...the call had connected and I handed the phone to the young guy. It was his mother in TX, and he was explaining to her how the band had just finished doing two taping sessions of two of their original songs. He explained to her that CMT told them they may actually get at least one of them put on the CMT TV thing as one of the new releases that could show potential.
I believe some of it went like; "Momma, I sure hope they play one of them...I'll let you know when they plan on doing it so you can tape it."
He told her the names of the songs they taped, and one of them was a song called "Country Club". Anyone who knows country, knows that this was Travis' first big hit, that sold millions of copies, and launched him into a non-return trip to stardom.

I can say I knew the guys when they were but mortals shootin pool in a honky tonk! :)

"yeah, I'm a bonafide dancin' fool...I shoot a mighty mean game of pool...."

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I pre-entered the Elsinore GP in '97 and the promoter's called me later and said, "You can't have that number we assigned you in the mail, because it's Steve Mc Queens's retired number 98. So for the mistake - we'll send you a better/lower one". They sent me 104. :pissed:

McQueen rode with more numbers than just 98, but that's the retired one. I always thought I was about as fast as him, so I thought getting his number was appropriate.

;)

MacCoul

Nov 30, 2006
I went to school with Jimmy Johnson he was 2 years a head of me he took my sister to a few dances and we used to ride bmx bikes around the hood I beat the crap out of his little brother twice. I also got a chance to ride with his cousin Rickey. I have also gotten to screw around On what was proposed to be mike crags track in the hills. lets see o ya I met bruce orgivel..Spl? and Fudpucker himself. lets just say growing up in off road Mecca of El Cajon you get to meet A lot of people

TheGlitch

Oct 6, 2010
WoodsRider said:
Maybe not famous, but notorious. I went to high school with Rich the "Glitch". He got kicked out of computer class for stealing the PC boards out of our Apple IIe computers. After I graduated he got busted by the FBI for hacking into government computers. The guy probably has a seven-figure salary and lives in Silicon Valley now.

Retired from the software industry in 2001 then got bored and worked for law enforcement and some unnamed agencies for a number of years. Then got lazy and went back into retirement in a well-known upscale area of Southern California. No Silicon Valley for me. Too many liberals (compared to SoCal).

Hate to comment on an old thread but at least you don't have to wonder anymore.

...and yes I ride dirt bikes.

Top Bottom