GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Curious as to how many of you ever went to high school (Or college) with anyone who ended up being famous. A movie star or sports celeb.

I went to high school with Ed Marquez, a short lived DJ on MTV during the early 90's (he used to co-host with Daisy Fuentes.)

Don't remember him, huh??? :think:

Okay, I know my example isn't earth-shatteringly eye-popping, and maybe most of you are so down-to-earth that you don't even CARE about sharing close quarters with the glitterati, but I'm positive other DRN members have more interesting liassons to share.....so please do.

B

biglou

My Godfather, "Big" Lou Cannizzaro, was the very first distributor for chef Paul Prudhome and his "Magic" seasonings. You know, Vegetable Magic, and Poultry Magic, etc.? How's that? :think:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I do IT support for a couple ex NHL players, Bill Berg from Toronto/NY. I get out to pickup games with him. Man those guys can still play, anytime someone comes into town, they all get together and play some hockey. I am the worst on the ice, and I played Junior C, been playing hockey since I was 5. Its killer to walk into the dressing room and get star struck, your impressed until they nail you in to the boards :)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, these are third-hand stories, since I don't know any famous people that came out of our high school.

One of my good friends in IL went to high school with Cindy Crawford. When I was attending college at NIU, Cindy was getting her modeling start doing swimsuit pics in a sleazy local paper called the DeKalb Nite Weekly. I asked my friend if she knew Cindy, and she did, but they weren't close friends. She did comment that "Cindy didn't have those boobs in high school, though!" ;)

One of the women that I worked with several years ago told me a story. She attended theater class (high school, or college, I can't remember) with James Earl Jones. She commented that James has always had that deep voice of his--but it was amusing because at that time he was just a skinny kid! He seems to have "filled" his role quite well since then!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
My brother raced against 1989 125 rookie of the year Butch (Snowman) Smith back in 1982 in the 60 class.

As for myself, I once talked to BigLou on the phone! :confused:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator

The REAL BigLou, the one from that Internet dirtbike site? Oh man, you should have tape recorded it!!!!!

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator

That's nothing man, I met him, in the men's room at St. Louis (I think it's named for him) SX. Thats right just walked right up and said hello, hell of nice guy, nothing like what the tabloids make him out to be. :)

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
I went out with Nicole Brown Simpson once! NO, OJ, I was just kidding! I didn't even know her, honest!! I hope your going to peel an apple with that!

Actually, the closest I've come to a celebrity is to have seen Carmichael racing 80's and Mike Brown 125/250s at Muddy Creek in '95, '96.

B

biglou

LOL! The Real Big Lou! Actually, I was on ESPN a couple times back in my mountain bike days (no, really!). You can see me standing there taking pictures of the winners at the NORBA finals in Helen, GA back in 95!

I've also met the "Evil Emperor" and some of his accomplaces a couple of times! :D

And this summer, I'm gonna get to meet the Pred in person! Along with VD, and a whole bunch of the others here on the board that I haven't met yet!

"So I'm standing there doing my business, when I hear a voice say, 'Nice shirt'!"

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
Was friends with a girl in high school who appeared in Playboy (and now has her own website - won't mention it here :confused: ).

And of course, my most favorite picture of me:

Hulkamania!

Saw him in a parking lot in Tampa as I was driving by. Stopped the car and asked for a picture. Said "Sure, let's do it!". Taken in January 2001. What I wanna know is: why is he wearing wrestling gear in the parking lot of a soccer field? :cool:

Dave

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I went to grade school and high school with Cody Lambert, Tuff Heddeman and Roach Heddeman. All three were in Pro Rodeo in some form or fashion. Tuff is probably the most recognizable for the general populace.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
One of my friends shared studio space with Alan Hunter until last year. Alan was one of the original MTV Vee-Jays. He's a really nice guy. Funny, too.

I had dinner at St. Elmo's in Indy during the inaugural USGP weekend, and Al Michaels and Dennis Miller were seated at the table next to ours. Dennis looked like he had just rolled out of bed. I wanted to say "hello" to him, but by that point I was too toasted to say "marinated chicken breasts" without cracking up. Our waiter was NOT amused.

Everybody I went to school with is a loser, just like me. :silly:

Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
Anyone remember John who rode for honda back in the late 80's an maybe early 90's. I used to ride with him. Damn I wish I knew his last name lol.

I also know Travis Pastrana kinda well. We know who eachother are and exchange waves going down the road if we ever see his huge F-350. Also a few of my friends go to school with one of his cousin's. How about bieng able to walk into the suzuki pit's at Budd's creek? anyone done that? Roger didn't like it but Travis wanted me to say hey to his mother and father. Really good people that live a short bicycle ride from where I do.

umm thats all lol
-Adrenaline (Brendon)

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
i grew up with trevor kidd, the goalie for the florida panthers.been friends with him since we were 5 years old. i also went to school and played hockey with corey koskie , third baseman from the twins. hes the first manitoban to make it to the big show. he was also an allstar goalie for the selkirk steelers, he had a basket ball and a vollyball scholership lined up as well. he's a big farmer that can play any sport he wanted to. i dont make the millions of dollars that they do ,but do you think they can ride motocross? not to save thier life.

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by 2001yz250
I went out with Nicole Brown Simpson once! NO, OJ, I was just kidding! I didn't even know her, honest!! I hope your going to peel an apple with that!

:) :) :) :) :)

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Closest I've came was running into (literally) Jeff Emig at last years Atlanta SX. Wasn't watching where I was going next thing I know my brother made a left turn and I just went straight into him. Almost knocked the drink out of his hand. Then later on once again I was in wonderland and Nick Wey almost ran over me heading to practice (came within inches I tell ya!)

Jer

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hey _Solo_,

I told that story to Jeff's brother Brian and he started laughing about it.

The only one person I know that's famous in the dirtbike industry is Davey Coombs, owner of Racer-X. I had a 10 minute talk with him down at the St. Louis SX. I thanked him for sending all those magazines to the benefit race for Jason Wysong.

It would of been cool to personally met Travis Pastrana when he came to KC last year to visit Cobrakid, but I wasn't invited.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I went to high school with Jeff Stanton's sister but didn't know until Jeff showed up at graduation. Would've loved to know that earlier, I would have worked extra hard to get a date. At least I got an autographed graduation cap from it. Pretty cool seeing one of these big names at a small town event.

Last edited:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Let's see.... I sat next to Punky Brewster at dinner once. That's a long story. Then there was the time that Bud Bundy was DJ-ing at a party we were at in Malibu.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Maybe not famous, but notorious. I went to high school with Rich the "Glitch". He got kicked out of computer class for stealing the PC boards out of our Apple IIe computers. After I graduated he got busted by the FBI for hacking into government computers. The guy probably has a seven-figure salary and lives in Silicon Valley now.

My mother, however, grew up down the street from Denver Pyle, Uncle Jessie from Dukes of Hazzard and went to High School with Scott Carpentar, one of the Mercury Astronauts and the last American to go into space alone.

Top Bottom