hitch22

Jan 17, 2005
I am looking to get rid of my cr125 and purchase either a yz 250 or a yz250f. My biggest problem right now is if I should go with a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I mainly ride at mx tracks, open fields and some trails. What are the main differences between the 2 and 4 strokes. (ie. ridability, handling, maintenence, you know what im trying say). I heard great things about both of these bike but i need to hear from people with actual experience about them, pros, cons, likes, dislikes. I need to know.

thanks for your imput

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
katoommulisha421 said:
MOD EDIT

Strike two

ahhh...yeah :coocoo:

Two different animals the 250 & 250F. If you like the total power of your 125, but hate keeping it on the pipe and its general lack of torque, the 250F would suit you well.

If however, your current 125 just doesn't have enough total power for you, then you might like a 2stroke 250 or 4-stroke 450.

No one can answer this question for you. I would try to ride both of them, back to back if you can, to make an informed decision.

hitch22

Jan 17, 2005
Hey thanks biglou i didnt see that before... See I just dont know if I will be satisfied with the 250f. I know they are two different bikes. I guess I have to try and snag a ride on both of them so I can compare them myself.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom