Oct 30, 2005
just picked up 2 yz 465's ones a 80' other 81' what was the major differances between the two besides the forks the 80' is running the 81' is basket case. where can i get parts for it ie: plastics air filter piston kit chassis bearings, thanks for any help you guys can give, been looking forward to getting in to vintage racing, now i've got some work to do

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.

I can help you get those bikes going!
Maybe you could build one like this! :ride:

Attachments

• yz465 sterlyn 017 resize 555.jpg
    yz465 sterlyn 017 resize 555.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 540

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
mxbundy said:
I can help you get those bikes going!
Maybe you could build one like this! :ride:

ddddaaammm. Nice bike! That looks like it's brand new... er- better than new.

Where did you find that rear tire? I can't seem to find 140/80/18 tires anywhere... It looks like that's the size you have.

Threadstarter: I wish I could remember the site, but when I was going to buy a 465 about a year ago, I looked into getting parts and found a great website. They had all the stuff you'd need. I can't find it though :(
The parts I saw on the site were DIRT cheap!

Enjoy the bikes! Pics would be awesome.

YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
Cool, My first yz was a 78' 400. It was all machine...I had a lot of fun on that old bike.The best part it was free. I pulled it out from behind a garage with a plastic bag over the rod and piston with the jug missing. Went to a local salvage shop bought a 50.00 jug, glaze cut it, put on the bike with new rings and rode it!! That is all I ever did to it. The tires, brakes, and plastic were all good.

Top Bottom