keith03

Apr 10, 2005
hey there, I recently purchased a 98 yz 125. i love the bike, and have never made ANY suspension adjustments. Any meaning that i am still waiting for the manual and dont know proper maintence. i have put about 25 hours of riding time on it. Today when i took the bike off of the truck to clean it, i noticed a green oil down the front of both forks from the seal down. What happened. I know nothing about suspension on these bikes since my last bike was a 74' 360 enduro. i rode that bike to the gorund and never made any fork mods. Please tell me if i need to bring the bike in, and what i might have to do.

mxpimp66

Jul 31, 2005
yea man its pretty easy. take the forks off, unskrew all of the bolts in the forks, take all of the bolts and springs out, pry off the dust seal out, the with alll the insides out, you can simply pull the forks apart and then take the oil seal off. after this you will put them back together (the 2 sides of the forks), put the oil seal on (you have to use a special tool to put it on and i had to let the dealer do it), then tap the dust seal on, and then put the right amout of fork oil in and skrew it all together! i waited to do all this and it ran all over my front brakes, soaked the pads and then i couldnt stop! so do it soon. and im not sure bout all of this imfo...but its how i did mine. hope it helps!

Top Bottom