jamesehct

May 27, 2005
like in my other thread ive never rode before and i want to get a bike im 5'10 140 and you told me to go with a 125 two stroke and ill get used to the power as long as respect the bike.... so which 125 is the best for my situation (beginner)
cr125 :think:
kx125 :think:
rm125 :think:
or the yamaha's yz125 :think:
:ride:

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
05 YZ 125 is the funnest bike to ride. it's got a good usable powerband for trails, and a track. The bike feels so light, its like riding a BMX. 05 CR 125 would be my second choice.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
CR's have the coolest looking frame, and they look really tight when lightly polished. I know that is a sad argument coming from an almost thirty year old man, but it is the truth. :aj: :aj: :aj:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
tyesai said:
CR's have the coolest looking frame, and they look really tight when lightly polished. I know that is a sad argument coming from an almost thirty year old man, but it is the truth. :aj: :aj: :aj:

IMHO the CR is the best looking bike.

Firewalker

Aug 10, 2003
i would be looking at the bike that i could get the best deal on with the best dealer to buy it from, nothing worse than a great bike with a crappy local dealer.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
Firewalker said:
i would be looking at the bike that i could get the best deal on with the best dealer to buy it from, nothing worse than a great bike with a crappy local dealer.

That is what the internet is for. Most places (at least where I am at) don't have anything I want in stock anyway.

DVMX

Jul 1, 2005
My opinion

Me personally, I would get an RM or a YZ, u can't go wrong with either one. You probably can't go wrong with any of the major manufacturers but personally I'd go with an RM or YZ

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm in the same school as Firewalker, The combo of the best deal and the best dealer are what sells me a bike. All the manufacturers make a decent bike these days. We've ridden Zooks for years now based entirely on the dealer.

DVMX

Jul 1, 2005
I don't usually buy from dealers, way too expensive. My RM 125 is practically brand new & works great & it only cost $2000 second hand

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
To each there own, I tend to shop used for my bikes but my son's race bikes are always new from the dealer. Even if you're buying used the dealer is important for parts etc after you own the bike. If you don't intend to race and having the bike down waiting for a part to arrive is acceptable then the dealer issue is minor.

Top Bottom