motcoross45

Jul 29, 2002
4get the 80 then but i want to know im 133 pounds and 5"8. Should i get this used 1999 Yz125 for 2,650 or better offer dollars it is good running and good con. new to end and new clutch and tires . what do u think i should offer like 2,400 i would say. also what gears can it power wheelie in no clutch use like if i am riding in 5th gear can it just wheelie. also whats the top speed my guess is its like 70 mph please give me your advice and answeres thanks

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
www.kbb.com or www.nadaguides.com will give you some pricing information.

However, a used bike is a crap shoot unless you get a chance to look it over really well. Ask how often the oil is changed and air filter is cleaned.

Don't worry about top speed. If you are riding a dirtbike, unless you do desert riding there is no need to worry about top speed. You want a bike that you will be able to handle.

As for the wheelie... it depends on you as the rider. Wheelies are about balance, not power. The guys you see pulling wheelies for miles in 5th gear pinned are great at balance and throttle control.

The losers are the ones that pop it up and drop it then look around to see if anyone happened to look for that split second the wheel was in the air.

I recommend you get the book "Monkey Butt" by Super Hunky or any of Ed Hertfelder's books (available on Amazon.com). You will be able to get a feel for what dirtbiking is all about.

That is what this site is all about too. Not the "hip" stuff or the "ooh, I want to be cool" bs. This site is about serious dirtriders and you have to start somewhere so we have this forum but if you are not serious you will quickly be ran off.

If you have a bike, decide if you NEED a new bike. If not, practice and read about the history of this sport and how Decoster used to ride and how duct tape can be used to fix anything.

I did that when I was young and that is why this sport is in my blood. If it wasn't for the history of it or the great people I've met who trully love riding more than anything I doubt I'd be riding today.

If you don't read up and learn about the history you'll never appreciate it totally.

Good luck. You have a lot of quality information here. Do a search, think and wait awhile. Get as much info on your own as you can, write it down and think about where you want to take this.

If you are just trying to be cool... don't waste our time. The basics have already been answered for you... the rest is up to you to figure out on your own.

Good luck.
Ivan

motcoross45

Jul 29, 2002
i think i do nt a 125 but are they harder to handle offroad cus there big. are they alot more powerful than a 80 and last is there anything wrong with the 1999 yz125 bikes any problems

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom