cranky

May 16, 2002
I just bought a 1999 yz400 in very good shape and remember seeing a mod in one of the magazines for lengthening the clutch arm on the engine for an easier pull, any body remember that -Thanks

cranky

May 16, 2002
Thanks for the info, I think I know what your saying. I tried to get the pictures but it wouldnt let me. I hope the yz400 has the same lever and perch as your 426's

B

biglou

The only drawback to the lever mod is that you fall a lot, or at least I do, and tend to break them. I have access to a machine shop so I can modify levers whenever I want. If you do the clutch arm mod, you are done with it and don't have to worry about it.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
cranky. I have a 98 YZ400F I just bought and I have the magazine that gave a step by step on how to do the extention to the clutch arm on the engine. The mag said to only extend the arm 5mm's. This easy to do trick made a BIG difference and I also use a CR clutch perch. If you want I will try to find the mag. I can scan it and email it to you. email me if you want. crboy@nightowl.net

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Scan it and post it, give credits to the authors and mag however. I would like to see it as well. BTW, Biglou's clutch lever mod works nicely.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
Im tring to get the pictures to turn out it was done on gray back grounds and the pictures are dark. This mod. came out of Motocross Action March 2002 there isnt any author listed. This is listed as a YZ426F mod but it also works on the earlier bikes. Ok I have the mag scanned but I dont have a web page to put them up on so I can attach them to for a link I dont know how to post them here. If anyone wants I can email the scanned mag pages. email me at crboy@nightowl.net

Last edited:
B

biglou

Here are links to the two pages. They are too big to shrink down to fit in this forum, so I'll just link to them in full size so you can read the text and see the pictures:

Page 1 (Click)
Page 2 (Click)

Make sure to copy and save the files to your PC for future reference. While they will be on my web space for at least a few weeks, they may not be there forever! Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

biglou

No biggie. I've got DSL! :thumb: Just a tip-Once they are scanned and saved as .bmp files, open them with "Paint", then save them as .jpg files. That knocked the size down from 700k to about 200k. :)

cranky

May 16, 2002
Hey! Thanks for all the info you guys. I think Ive got that issue around my house some where. That is if the kids havent hauled it off.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks Lou and CR.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom