FOX426

Dec 12, 2000
Anyone using a 51T rear sprocket for MX? I know the general opinon is that the 50T is the hot setup; however I am looking for alot of pull to get my 225 lbs up those doubles coming out of corners. I have been running a 52T! It works pretty good but took away too much top end. The 49 is definately out. Now I have the dilema of 50 or 51. Also opinons on steel vs. aluminum? SS and Ti just too expensive.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
OK, I haven't ridden a 426, but I have watched plenty at the track. Two weeks ago one of the guys at the track that weighs at least 275 came out of a sharp corner with about 50 ft of straight to clear a 50 ft jump. He slid out, came to almost a stop then gassed the heck out of it because he thought he had lost too much momentum. He ended up over jumping the 50 footer by 10 feet, and then crashed off the track because he couldn't stop before the next corner.
After watching that I figure a 426 has plenty of power no matter how you set the gearing, so you might as well go for top speed.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
I'd go w/the 51..IMO 1 tooth change isn't worth changing. I currently have a 50 on back but I switch back and forth between a 13 and 14tooth counter shaft sprocket for woods running.
Buy a 13 c/s if you run a tight track, the pull is very nice..it does require more shifting and shortens the top speed but who gets 5th often anyway? Good luck, Jason

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom