yamiedude21

Mar 20, 2006
hi im looking at getting either a 2004 crf250 or a 2004 yzf250 which one is better in quality, performance, and maintance. this will be my second bike and i currently own a ttr-125. Ive ridden a 2002 yzf250 before and really liked it. Im a teenager that is 5'11" and only 130lbs. Thanx.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Either one will make a fine ride. Chances are the CRF will fit your physical size better ( not that the YZF can't be opened up ). The YZF is a liitle more reliable ( depending on how hard you ride this may be a non-issue ). IMHO the CRF suspension is better than the YZF, and the motor on the YZF is better. I've had both and I honestly think the fit and finish on the CRF is better, but not much. Like I said either will make a fine ride - if motor performance is at the top of your list, go blue. If the chasis and handling is at the top of your list go red.

Hope this helps !

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
yz hands down, It was a very good year for the yz suspension too, the crf was in its first year and had awkward frame geometry, not to mention cylinder skirt breakage.

yamiedude21

Mar 20, 2006
Thanx guys this really helped i was already leaning toward the yzf and this has helped me want to get it even more now. Now i just need to make some $$$ because my parents are making me buy it.

Top Bottom