Jeffro426

Mar 16, 2003
Im trying to find some more information on the recluse z-start auto clutch, but cant seem to find anymore besides what i find on their website. Has anyone used it...what are a few of the benifets? Will it work well with MX?? They sound pretty cool, but im trying to justify spending 400 bucks on something that i dont totally need! Any reviews, or input would me most appreciated! And moderators, please dont move my post into the product reviews forum like you did with my other posts....I GET ZERO replies when my stuff gets moved over there!

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I rode a crf450 with one. Just i little lap. I thought it was sweet. The owner told me to take up a couple hill but I didn't. He runs it on a track all the time. Said he started in 3rd gear. Holds the brake and gives it a little gas, when the gate dropes said it slips for about 30ft then hooks-up and goes. Said in 2nd it would just spin.

drdan

Apr 23, 2002
I put a Z start on my 03 CRF 450. It is the best bolt on I have ever experienced in 30 years of dirt bikes.
I ride mainly trails and hares scrambles courses. You can't stall your bike in the tight stuff and that was a problem with my CRF;s(03 &02). Had a YZ 400F and it was the same.
You can walk up hills, rocks, wet and slipery trails and you just point and ride.
Installation is a piece of cake. It just replaces your pressure plate and Dan & Al at Rekluse are fantastic guys with the best customer service you could ever imagine.

david mason

Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by Jeffro426
Im trying to find some more information on the recluse z-start auto clutch, but cant seem to find anymore besides what i find on their website. Has anyone used it...what are a few of the benifets? Will it work well with MX?? They sound pretty cool, but im trying to justify spending 400 bucks on something that i dont totally need! Any reviews, or input would me most appreciated! And moderators, please dont move my post into the product reviews forum like you did with my other posts....I GET ZERO replies when my stuff gets moved over there!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yea, but with the Zstart you can't still use the clutch manually if you wanted to correct? I know that with the other main one (can't think of the name, slipped my mind, but it costs like $1200 and you don't get to keep the old clutch) you can do that. I've read a lot of good and some bad things about the zstart over at thumper talk. One thing that does seem to be a plus is that you can take that one plate back out if you don't like the auto (correct?) and you're just out four hundred bucks.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
rev-loc, that's the one i was thinking of

PeteN

Jun 5, 2000
I have a Z-start in my CRF and love it. I race Supermoto and it lessens the work load, eliminates stalling, and is a hole shot device! The Z-start can be used with the clutch lever and it has external adjustment for stall speed and engagement rate. I think that you mean that by putting the one friction plate back in, and changing the pressure plate, you can switch back to stock very quickly. I don't know why you would, though. It rocks!!

Top Bottom