Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
Jeremy, I don't know much about suspension's so I will make this to the point. I took my 00' KX250 apart for a winter cleaning and frame painting, while I have the forks out I pulled out the air screw on top to let them reset. While it was on it's side some oil (I think) came out of the screw hole. Now I don't know how much is still there. Now the springs and set up was fine all year I just need to get the back to where it was. So could you tell me how to drain both forks and replace with oil so they are the same? I did all the tips so told us at DW02 and found that everything was just like you said it needs to be, thank for the pointers. If you could bail me out now that would be great. :whiner: :(

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Rich,
Check out my rebuild intructions, they will cover how to reset your oil ht. Its not to hard at all.. The only hitch is the bladder fork, but thas not to big a deal.

BR,
Jer

Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
Jeremy I hate sounding retarded but I looked at your website under KYB bladder fork rebuild, and to be honest I don't understand. I really don't want to take the whole fork apart, I just wanted to pull the cap and replace the oil. Is this possible? For I am an idiot and don't understand how to do that via your document. What is the fluid level and where is the edge of the fork tube?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom