00 RM 250 front fork seal replacement

rmbro

Jul 28, 2004
Hi all, Im new to this forum, I just bought a 00 rm 250 and am picking it up on weds. the front forks seals are leaking, they are the upside down ones, how hard are they to change? Im a mechanic by trade but I don't want to get too far and find out I need some special sockets or ? Im a roadracer so 2 strokers and dirt are new to me, but man are they fun! Im stiff as hell :laugh: thanks in advance. btw I tried a search but didn't come up with much so please don't flame me too bad!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Bro, welcome to dirtbiking :cool:

As for your forks, check ou the "downloads" section at www.mxtech.com There are step by step instructions for most forks there...with exception of my Ohlin, of course :|

If I'm correct those RM forks are Showa Twin Chambers, right? If so, they're a pleasure to work on. The only special tools you'll need is a 50mm wrench to remove the top caps and a little rod holder that you can easy make up yourself (a little "U" shaped metal plate)

rmbro

Jul 28, 2004
Thanks, yea I think thats the ones they are! I read somewhere that I should order honda seals with the dust seals, have you heard of this? I'll check out that download section you mentioned, thanks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom