mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
main jet in my 01 yz 250 is, main jet 180S, Needle is N3C1 second clip position from top didnt take out pilot jet so dont know what that is..plug is NGK B8ES, is that a standard set up? What are the head bolt torque settings for this bike? What does do a leakdown test mean, and how do you do it?

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
mike-evans said:
whats the point of a forum when i ask a question i get told to get a manual! :bang:
Look correctly, that is a link so you can search and download it for Free instead to pay for one, this should help you alot + save you the purchase of one... Just replace the [dot] with a real dot. direct link to the 01 yz250 manual is there: www[dot]ymenvom[dot]nl/manuals/M5MW-30[dot]PDF

Apparently, people tell you to get the manual because that is the way to go, because you will need one for maintenance and repair etc You dont whant to be working on a bike all the time without the manual using time to ask simple questions. This kind of info is on the manual and this probably was already asked in the forum(search function?). Am also sure the mod dont whant anyone to start to ask the factory head bolt torque/jetting for each model bike. Just get the manual it will be helpfull for much more things that you think + you have it for free above, so please make some effort and check yourself.

I guess the point is that you just got your manual for free if you can make the effort to click on its link you will have all the spec for you bike that you whant ;)

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Stock jetting is Main 178, pilot 50 , needle N1EK, clip in the 3rd position. Owning any bike without the manual, especially when you seem knew to the sport is a mistake.

The purpose of this forum in my opinion is for off road riding enthusiasts to share information and knowledge, such as to explain to you that black spooge running out your silencer is very likely related to rich jetting with ideas on how to solve your problem. It's purpose is not for everyone to make demands for basic specs for their machine and expect someone else to find them when it's readily available in the manual you should own.

mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
apologies guys, i didnt realise that was a manual link at first as i am doing this forum on my phone due to the home computer being broke..any way, i downloaded the manual now, much appreciated, thanks for the help, these forums are great0 :)

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
mike-evans said:
apologies guys, i didnt realise that was a manual link at first as i am doing this forum on my phone due to the home computer being broke..any way, i downloaded the manual now, much appreciated, thanks for the help, these forums are great0 :)
Yeah, this forum is awesome.
Some people here know this stuff soo much it is impressive.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
mathd said:
Look correctly, that is a link so you can search and download it for Free instead to pay for one, this should help you alot + save you the purchase of one... Just replace the [dot] with a real dot. direct link to the 01 yz250 manual is there: www[dot]ymenvom[dot]nl/manuals/M5MW-30[dot]PDF

Apparently, people tell you to get the manual because that is the way to go, because you will need one for maintenance and repair etc You dont whant to be working on a bike all the time without the manual using time to ask simple questions. This kind of info is on the manual and this probably was already asked in the forum(search function?). Am also sure the mod dont whant anyone to start to ask the factory head bolt torque/jetting for each model bike. Just get the manual it will be helpfull for much more things that you think + you have it for free above, so please make some effort and check yourself.

I guess the point is that you just got your manual for free if you can make the effort to click on its link you will have all the spec for you bike that you whant ;)
That link will come in handy. One thing I am wondering, I have a 1994 YZ 125, but the lowest year they go in there is like 2001. What should I use?

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Brandon H. said:
That link will come in handy. One thing I am wondering, I have a 1994 YZ 125, but the lowest year they go in there is like 2001. What should I use?
Hi, i had a link for the older years bike model but apparently they did take down the link not so long ago. I did not find another one yet but am still looking and hope someone will post one someday :)

Top Bottom