Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm trying to help one of my sons friends but getting no where in a hurry.

02 CR125 that the rear brake grabs like normal (full power, no mush) and then almost immediately releases to no brakes with lever moving down another couple of inches.

I've bled the brakes repeatedly and as inept a mechanic as I am, I'm fairly certain they've been bled properly and this is not the issue. The only thing left as far as I can see it is to now rebuild the master cylinder. When the brake lets go and the lever bottoms out I can hear a very faint noise near the rear caliper piston.

Anyone have any other thoughts before I order parts this kid may not need or am I on the right track?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There is a square cut seal in the caliper that can leak and cause this, as well as the seals in the master as Indy pointed out.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'll start at the caliper then since that is where I'm hearing some noise. Trying to track down a service manual to have a peek since he doesn't have one. Similar to my zook, push the caliper out and both seals are right there?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
But, if it is a seal, it will visibly leak? 2 most frustrating brake moments: first time putting seals over the razor sharp piston, and the second time was finding out the issue was air in the line after all! The cheap power bleeder is priceless!

Top Bottom