fastfifty61

May 23, 2007
Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone knows if a 2003 cr250 frame will fit on a 2002 bike.. Wrecked mine and I found a used 2003 frame for sale , will it fit without having to make any mods? I think 02 + are gen 3 frames but I don't know if they're all compatible..... Does anyone know if other years will work and if so, if someone has one for sale I would be very interrested... thanks..

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know about that. I think there were a lot of changes made between 02 and 03. 02, 03, 04 all have their own part numbers. 05-07 are interchangeable.

What kind of damage is there? You'd be amazed at what a good welder/fabricator can do. If you bashed in the frame tubes on the bottom, I would say go ahead and replace them. Damage around the head set and the spars under the gas tank I would be more reluctant to have repaired.

fastfifty61

May 23, 2007
Thanks.. Unfortunately, this one's not getting fixed.. It sorta fell off a small cliff and landed on its side on a rock and the main part of the frame around the tank is pretty bent and smashed... I know the part numbers are slightly different between 02 & 03 but I'm hoping they might still be the same frame... Hopefully someone will know for sure.... 02 frames are apparently hard to find..

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
76GMC1500 said:
I don't know about that. I think there were a lot of changes made between 02 and 03.

You'd be wrong.

The 2002 and up CR250's are all the same, chassis-wise.

Even the engines are VERY close to one another.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I believe the frames will be the same, don't quote me on that, small things could be different.

The pipes are different because the engines were different. I'm sure the pipes will bolt up, they just have minute differences because of engine changes.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
yup, bingo....these were "upgrades" to perk up the relatively sleepy '02 motor, but the parts interchange. If you can pick up an '03 cylinder too, grab it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom