LawDawg

Apr 22, 2002
I need your help..I'm trying to get my 02 CR250 jetting correct. I am riding between 4000-4500 ft level 70 degrees now but will hit 90 + soon. I ride desert mainley
Honda HP2 32:1 pump gas.
350 main
30 pilot
stock needle 2nd top clip.
s-8 nozzle
21/4 turns out on air.
BR8EG

The reading on the plug is comming around but I get alot of spooge from the pipe. It's all over my fender, drips down the pipe onto the swing arm, well you've probably got the idea.
HELP PLEASE!

Mods are V-force reeds, Pro Curcuit pipe & spark arrestor, PC Racing airbox ring and seal.

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
Dude,
I used that honda HP2 at 32:1 also and it did the same thing . After you get tired of the mess and your bike is good and broke in , try something else.
I use super unleaded and Bel-ray at 40:1 and have no spooge , it still makes carbon , but not dripping out of every crack and rivet on the muffler. My bike doesn't have the TMX carb but I will go down the same road you are on when I get an ' 03 !!!!

See ya

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
At what point in the Throttle range is it rich. Sounds like you are on the right track. I run at sea level so mine are different, but I have:
Honda HP2; C-12 at 36:1
30 Pilot
2nd Clip-Stock
380 Main
2 Turns
My bike is all stock, Mods to come later, I finally got the bottom to run clean, now I am working my way through the range. Check out this
link

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Lawdog, I think your brass numbers ought to be pretty close at your altitude, I would agree that your oil mixture might be causing some of the spoog problems, I use motul synthetic, @40:1 and mine runs clean. Is the bike running well throughout the range and just spooging or is it blubbering somewhere in the rev range too?

BuggyDaker

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2001
throw a -76 needle in it. if you are at 2 1/4 out as, you might go a step leaner on the pilot. i'm no expert though. my bike is running good at approx 1000ft with. bottom end is still a little soft though. just rode my buddies '01 cr250 and that thing is jetted horrible stock, or something is wrong.

vforce
400mj
s-8
30pilot
-76 needle third clip
air screw 1 3/4 not sure though

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
2002 CR 250 Jetting

:cool: We all are heading down the same path and are all using the same brass give or take a few thousand. I'm suprised no one has said anything about cutting the slide?
I had an "01" and went through all the jetting and what made the most differance was cutting the slide 1/2mm.
So now I have my "02" and yes it too is on the rich side of life.
Here is where I have ended up and am living the clean life without spooge and ultametly the cleanest jetting I have had scince just last year,
Main is stock, needle is stock, clip in #2 position. Pilot is #30 and slide was cut 1/2mm at a time till I got to 1 full mm and It is just a crisp little scooter now!
I live in the north east part of the country and at approx. 1200 ft. above sea level. Hope this helps ! ;)

KXEric

Feb 10, 2002
Just some thoughts.

Clean your air cleaner.

Repack your silencer.

Try Belray MC-1 at 50:1

Move your clip up one.

If this doesn't help and I think it will, start lower you main number.

spoder

Nov 14, 2001
Well i finally tried the s-8 nozzle and 76 needle that everyone suggested and sll i can say is that im very pleased with the reslts!!, My bike stoped spitting oil like a machine gun and now runs alot crisper and slightly harder throughout the entire range. I also picked up a 30 pilot i might try out but will wait til ive got more time to ride but so far so good. I checked the plug and it has a nice brownish tan collor on the insulater. Next i might try the head mod some of you suggested and maybe a 49 or 50 t sprocket, thanks a million guys!

Top Bottom