pressley10r

Feb 4, 2008
hi guys, first time posting on this site, j/w if anyone has any insight into my problem with my 02 rm 250. The front of my pipe looks like it got slammed into a rock and i guess where it mounts to the engine got knocked out of whack, so it leaks oil and exhaust down the front of my motor where the pipe connects. I bought a new o ring but something tells me im going to going to need a new pipe. Anyone have a stock or aftermarket pipe for an 02 they want to sell? Also, it spooges a bit of oil out of the pipe, but ive checked the plug under various circumstances and its always tan/goldish colored and quite dry. Any help would be appreciated.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I came up short on a big log recently.........bent the pipe so bad it was hitting the fender. With some eyeballing of the pipe mounts, alignment into the cylinder, a lot can be done by standing on pipe to bend it, beating in the right places with a rubber mallet........ once you've got it good (maybe not perfect) put some RTV around your o-ring and snug it down. Spooge is related to carb jetting.

pressley10r

Feb 4, 2008
yeah, i thought my jetting was off, thats why i did the plug check but it always looked good so im confused. As far as the pipe its not off by much im talking probably a mm or two from where it should be. Im definitely going to put a bunch of RTV around the new oring tho, someone else recommended that to me also.

Bigdogdaddy69

Feb 18, 2008
i wonder if thats whats going on with my 00 yz 250. The guy said it needed a oring but the front of the exhaust looks kinda cocked side ways not a lot but it also leaks oil down the front of cylinder.

pressley10r

Feb 4, 2008
sounds exactly the same as my prob. i doubt theres any way to fix it 100% except to get a new pipe thats not dented or bent and make sure all the mounts for the pipe arent bent therefore cocking the pipe at an angle

Top Bottom