02'CR250 V-Force results

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
Very happy with the results with my new V-force.Money well spent.More low end,alot more responsive,and very good top end.Doesnt fall flat on top,and pulls hard.I would recommend this too any one that has a 02 cr250.:D :)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Thenks for the input, I have been seriously sonsidering the V-force, (also hear good things about a spacer with Boyesen soft reeds) BTW what pipe are you running? I like my PC but wonder if they work well with the new reed valve.:silly:

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
It has the stock pipe with a FMF turbine core II Silencer.Other than the V-force its stock.Jetting set at 400 main,32.5 pilot (stock),Needle in top slot.I was also looking at a pc pipe also.That will be my next mod.I'm very pleased with cr engine now.

Thanks

teamgrn84

~SPONSOR~
Sep 3, 2001
How did you set the v-forece reed cage?

I have a 02 cr250 just got it and installed it, did you leave it in the high or low tension setting, I also have the stock pipe and have a turbine core II or the Q silencer on the way, thanks for any input!!!!

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
I have it in the high tension setting.Called moto tassinari and they said to leave it in the high setting first.Then if you want more bottom then put it in low setting,but he said it will wear the reeds out fast.

teamgrn84

~SPONSOR~
Sep 3, 2001
Ileft mine in the high tension too!!!

Just got my spark arrestor today, I got the new FMF Q SILENCER !!!! I just sent the suspension off can't wait to ride, thanks for the input!!!!!

teamgrn84

~SPONSOR~
Sep 3, 2001
I will do that!!

I have a stock silencer on now! I am going to see how it runs stock , then put on the "Q"silencer, I will let you know!!!!!

Zero

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 1999
v-force

I just rode my 02 CR250 with the v-force and fatty. World of difference. Before I was a clutch slipping fool in the corners to get the power I wanted. Now its one grab and dump with the clutch and its all I can do to keep the front end down. Its a beautiful thing. (I also went to a 49 tooth rear sproket as well)

sparkycr250

Feb 9, 2002
Zero- you said what I've been waiting to here...What altitude are you running at and what are your carb settings?

Zero

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 1999
Carb and stuff

I haven't gotten my jetting dialed in as of yet. Matter of fact, I am at a loss. I am in Dallas, not sure my exact elevation though.

I need to start a jetting poll for the 2002 CR. As several Mags say one run one thing, FMF says run another (I have the FMF Fatty), and people in this forum are suggesting something entirely different.

Stock Jetting worked out rather well, I was shocked. I am running a little rich right now with the FMF suggested jetting. (which I don't have with me right now, its at home) I plan on sticking in another needle (H1-72 I think) and see what happens.

I can't imagine it getting much better though...but if it does, I'll be happy.

I am also working on dialing in my suspension...pain in the a$$!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…