tommyaus

Feb 22, 2010
hey, I'm just wanting to know what reed set up I should purchase??
boyesen or v-force??
Everyone has their own opinion and I'm really confussed..
I have a 03 cr250 with a fmf fatty and shorty.
People are saying the v-force is better for mid and top range and the boyesen is better for bottom.
I'm looking for more bottom end response. People say the boyesen reeds are poorly made and are better for bottom end response. This will compromise the top end response .
If anyone has a set up please let me know your thoughts so I'm even more confussed!! :confused:

Thank you.

MOD EDIT** This is not a text message site. Please use the spell check.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
tommyaus said:
People are saying the v-force is better for mid and top range and the boyesen is better for bottom.

I tried both the V-force and the Boyseen on my CR 250 and found the V-Force to be stronger bottom to mid than the Boyseen.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I agree with what's said above. I have the v-force III's on my bike and it really helped crisp up the bottom end. Top end was all the same as before, but mid and bottom really cleaned up.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
A friend needed new reeds for a Boysen Rad valve over a year ago. Guess what, out of stock. After 3 months of waiting, we went back to stock reeds. no one had them. So I would not suggest buying a product you cannot get replacement wear items for.

Vforce has always worked well in the bikes I stuck them in. and parts are readily available.

tommyaus

Feb 22, 2010
thanks heaps for the info guys, i think im gonna go with the v force 3.. ive also hered that there can be a wait on boyesen reeds..
just needed more convincing!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Watch running carbon fiber reeds long. There was a time fiber glass reeds were for longevity? When they break and go into the engine is never fun! Boyseen has issues keeping their products available, they are seemingly too busy making bling parts, covers and power wings? Vintage Bob

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
boyesen used to be one good source to get quality products...
it seems that the $$$$ replace the old passion. maybe our fault?

Top Bottom