Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
When I get my SX, is it going to be possible to valve it in a way as to be stiff enough for MX and then plush enough to race the desert? In the off season, I do alot of MX since the dez is too hot to race in and my 400 EXC has taken a beating. I had it valved by Dicks Racing with his APS mods and all 3 of my compression clickers are at max hard, yet still bottom hard. I don't want the new bike set up to be the same.

I need to be able to turn the clickers in some and have them in an MX style setting, but be able to turn them out and be offroad plush.

Is this possible or willI have to comprimise?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I saw a product design to be adjusted on the fly for two different valving. I think it is for the hare-scramble type races where you have long trails in the woods but also a motocross-like section where the crowd is. I think Race Tech calls it the Delta valve. I don't know how well it performs since their technology is a bit dated in their valve design. They don't have low-flow pistons yet. If you do a search on the delta valve you might come up with something.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I have had MX-TECH set up my last 3 bikes for the desert. I ride or race 60% desert, 30% mx and 10% woods. Once I get my sag set and my suspension working good in the big desert whoop de doos. I have never touched a clicker afterwords. So I know it can be done. I will say though Im not one of these real picky tuner types. Once I get my bike jetted to work decent at all the elevations I ride at 2000' to 8000' I will never mess with it again. I guess I would prefer something to work ok everywhere than good in one area and crappy in another and have to dink with my stuff all the time.

Unit, Give Jer a call and pick is brain a little........

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom