psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Morning all... Would anyone know a good starting point for jetting an '03 CR250 with FMF Fatty pipe for 9000 ft? Have a race in NM this coming weekend and I have no clue where to even start. I know that my current is going to be way off (I'm in Dallas, TX). Any starting point would be great!! I know I am going to have to get a few different ones to get it in, but I have no idea where to even start. I could stop in at the local stealership, but I figure the fine folks here on DRN could get a heck of a lot closer.

Thanks a ton!!!!
psycho

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
your owners manual has a jetting chart in it for temps and elevations. If your bike is jetted good right now, compare it to what honda suggests for your bike right now. Then try to figure temp and elevation where your going, and make the same changes to honda specs at that temp and elevation. From my experience you will need needles and mains to do this. Main alone will not satisfy the low to mid at higher elevations.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Take 92% of your current jetting(main) and fine tune with your needle. You might even carry one more main jet just in case or drop 2 on your main, either way you should be close.

Heading to Cloudcroft? I'm also heading to NM, should have been Cloudcroft for the enduro but my arm is not up to par so Red River it is from Thurday pm through Monday pm.

Have fun! :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom