03 CR250 motor mods, Eric Gorr 10/21/02

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Yes, my 02 now feels like my 00 on roids, minus maybe, and I mean maybe, a small amount of top. It's so hard to tell/remmeber, it was a few yrs ago. They really are 2 diff motors, so I don't think they would ever run the same anyway, but I bet if I put on a 47 rear, they would be as close as possible. Trust me, for the $155 it cost w/ s/h, you can't go wrong, it was the best mod so far I have done to my bike, he has all of my future work. You won't be disappointed!!!! Break out the wallet big daddy and go for it,,,,

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Ok I'm back and guess what I just received my cylinder from Mr. Gorr today. I will explain to everybody exactly what appears to be done. First I got the engine set for high altitude and race gas. I'm examing the cylind right now. The base of the cylinder was decked heavily. I'm guessing between 20 to 30 thousands of an inch. Next the transfers looked to be the most modified. A little epoxy was put into the rear transfers. It looks like the exhaust port was matched to the new cylinder height and widened. The head was not cut, but the squish band is totally different. It looks a little steeper. All in all, alot of noticable changes. It really is amazing how he figures out what to do. The bike will be put together in the next couple of days and taken for a test spin on Saturday. I will give a complete ride report probably on Monday.

Erik
2002 CR250

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Erik,

Way to go! I'd really like to know what you think of it once you've ridden it a couple times. Mine left yesterday, can't wait.

Later,
Andrew

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I put together most of my bike last night and noticed a couple of more the things. The cylinder was decked over a 1/16" of an inch. The piston is now fluch with the top of the cylinder. I also noticed the exhaust port must of been ground down to meet the bottom dead center. The compression is absolutly amazing just kicking it over. I hace to file the head stay bolts. The are off by approx. 1/32 to 1/16. Actually can somebody give me a quick respose if you think it is better to file them larger or just drill a little larger hole.

Erik
2002 CR250

OH ya to all the people out there don't forget to put the dowel pins in BEFORE you torque the cylinder down. DUH.

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Put some gas in that bad boy and light it up!!!!!!!!! My piston actually came past the top of the jug by a hair. Hold on dude, you will love the low end!!!!!!

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I'm fairly new to the site so I'm not familar with Eric Gorr's work. My buddy has an 03 CR250 and is interested in maybe having this done. He likes the power just he wants more bottom mid and to still scream on top. Does Eric have experience with the 03 motor enuff to port it effectively or does he need more time to fiddle with it? A novice friend says to wait til the Supercross season has finished so the 03 motor is thoroughly run thru and all its secrets to getting faster are well known across the board. Just curious!

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Ok Guys here it goes. Erik Bedell's ride report on Eric Gorr's 2002 CR250 cylinder. The bike is quick. Real quick. It is hard to explain. Much different from stock. The lower transition is much smooth and punchier. When you do gas it goes. I had no trouble clearing table tops that I had to clutch it in 2nd and shift right before the face. Now I could leave it in third clutch and holdf third to the jump. The bike is really fast though. I went riding on both Saturday and Sunday and compared my bike to a couple of my friends CR's. They where all impressed. Oh by the way Eric you will have a couple of new customers in Coloradi in the coming months. Now here is the bad news. The bike tired me out. I mean arms pumped to the max and this is both Sat and Sun at different tracks. I race 15 minute moto's plus a lap here in CO. That is quivelent to approx. 7-8 laps. I barely could do 4. My arms are real sore today. I can't really blame it totally on the bike considering I havn't been riding for almost a month. The jetting now is way off. I had so much goop coming from the junction between the pipe and silencer. I did race the needle 1 clip on Sunday and it did make a huge difference but bike is still running rich. I also rode the bike witha 49 tooth sprocket. I think a 48 would work better on this engine. The mid is really powerful guyz. I very impressed with his work. I knew the bike would be fast, but it is much faster. Now I all I have to do is get back my conditioning by next weekend and I should be fine. I have a 2 hour harescramble on Sunday.
Thank you Mr. Gorr. Oh by the way everyone asked why you are so cheap compared to all the other porters. I couldn't really give them a answer.

Erik
2002 CR250 w/ Eric Gorr porting

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Make sure you start a new thread w/ a port report!!!!!! I get tired too, I want my 125 back now!!!!!! First thing I told EG on the phone when I got my bike back, was,,,,what the heck did ya do to my motor???? Your killing me, I can't ride this, it is way to fast!!!!!!

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Erik,

Congrats, you make me want mine even more! Only a few more weeks... :aj: Let me know what your jetting pans out to be, I'd like something to go on since we're both at about the same altitude and I'm still trying to get the jetting thing.

Thanks,
Andrew

Felix

Jan 11, 2003
Im very happy with the power delivery down low. My jetting has not changed much. I had already had a lean needle, and slow pilot jet (30). I was at a 360 main but do to the cold weather I went up to a 370, and it runs crisp on dry cold days.

jasonent0613

Apr 20, 2008
i never knew that the 02 was bad compared to the 01.
i swear my 02 flies its getting new rings this week and a bills expantion chamber and silencer hopfully it will go better.
even though it did

Top Bottom