bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I am in the process of
servicing my suspension,I pulled up the bumper on the shock shaft and I found that the plating is peeling it looks like a chip about a half inch wide. It is a half an inch above the bottom nut. This is not from wear it is from the plating process. I would look at all kayaba'a shock for 03. I am calling my dealer tomorrow . Like I said pull up the bumper and check about a 1/2 inch from the base of the shock shaft.

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The 01 Cr125 was prone to this-seems like all KYBs are affected-good idea to check-most of the time if the chips are low on the shaft you wont see a problem with the function of the shock as the seal in high up in the seal head-however the DU bush does get damaged by the chips.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I went to my dealer the other day and showed the service manager.He totally agreed with me, being a manufacturer defect. I am waiting for a call. .

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
big red let us know how you make out on this. Kawasaki is famous for the cylinder walls flakeing and as to my knowledge they dont come good on it with their customers.

Top Bottom