'03 kx125, how to remove bearings?

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
I have an '03 kx125 and have successfully replaced all linkage bearings but the ones that are under/in the swingarm. In other linkage set-ups the dog-bones are connected at one end and house these bearings between them but unfortunately on this model the bearings are actually in the swingarm and the dogbones are 2 separate pieces. My question is how should I go about pressing these out? We used a torch and bench vice for the others but they were alot more manageable than an entire swing-arm. we've thought about using a large c-clamp but are unsure if we could get enough leverage to push them out. Any suggestions? (other than taking it to a shop :coocoo: )

Thanks

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Use a socket on each side and drive it out with the c-clamp,smaller socket on screw side and bigger socket on the other.

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
Thanks bud,
I borrowed a 6" clamp from shop class and it worked like a charm, the ones in the swingarm pushed out much easyer than those in the linkage piece.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…