mele63

Feb 16, 2006
Can anyone tell me if I can change the main and pilot jets on my newly-acquired 03 KX125 without removing the carb from the bike?

I adjusted the needle clip last night without taking the carb off the bike.

Thanks.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
If you managed to adjust the needle, you will find changing the jets to be easier than that. Look for the big bolt on the bottom of the carb. You can remove your main jet and possibly the pilot by removing that bolt.

mele63

Feb 16, 2006
KX02 said:
If you managed to adjust the needle, you will find changing the jets to be easier than that. Look for the big bolt on the bottom of the carb. You can remove your main jet and possibly the pilot by removing that bolt.

Thanks. I was able to access the top by only turning the carb to a 45 degree angle. I'll need to turn it to a greater degree to get at the bottom to clear the crankcase and give me enough room to work with. I was wondering if it would be easier to just remove the carb vs. trying to twist it.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Normally if you rotate the carb so the bottom is pointing to the left side of the bike, you can get it far enough to pull the float bowl and change the jets. Normally only the main can be changed by pulling the drain plug. The pilot is recessed into the carb, and cannot be reached through there. Pulling the carb makes the jet changes easy, but is a PITA getting it in and out of the air boots if you don't absolutely need to pull it.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, the KX125 probably has a Mikuni and you would need to remove the bowl to get to the pilot. My 250 has the Keihin and you can get both jets out through the drain bolt. Brilliant!

SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
Its not like its hard to take off the carb... I wouldent want to do it on the bike, because it is all tight... and with limited work space you have a increased risk of getting somthing dirty

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom