zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I recently purchased a 03 KX250 I am very impressed with the bike, it has very good handling and excellent suspension. the motor is very tractable and strong but seems to lack top end. I was wondering if any of you have tried things to broaden the powerband? Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
there was a magazine that recently recommended a pro circuit pipe, and one extra tooth on rear sprocket, stiffer springs. that was stage one.
stage two says to get a revalve, and porting in addition to the above.
stage three for the pro, all the above plus matched cases, hinson clutch, and moto tassinari reed cage, longer pull rods.

G92Joe

Apr 7, 2001
I lend a good amount of trust in Tom Morgan, considering he was Jeff Ward's mechanic for many years & has his experience & accomplishments are well documented with Kawasaki. True the 327 dyno may not be totally representative of the power, but the conversation I had with an owner of a 2002 kx327 was extremely positive. His reaction to whether the motor was on-line with a crf or yz450 was "not even close - the 327 was way better in every respect".

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes but a CRF has nothing like 60hp either.Marketing is everything in MX.I trust it when i see it.

I do beleive the TMR KX is very fast.BUT ive also heard he goes very large on the ports and so the pistons and rings dont last long.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
$2221.10 just to broaden the powerband...what a bargain! :silly:

and while we are off topic, ive seen people manage to get "photoshopped" scientific data in well respected peer reviewed scientific journals. I am not about to trust some dyno put up on the internet or spread accross the pages of a quality publication such as MXA!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom