scottylook

Jul 13, 2004
Hey guys, had a quick question. I am thinking of selling my 01 Kx 250 and picking up an 03 RM 250 because I can get it for a really good deal. My question, your thoughts is this a good idea. Is there any advantage to the 03 rm over my 01 KX? Ive also heard that the 03 RM's have had problems with blowing up trannys? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks again.

Scott

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I know several people that raced or are still racing 03 RM250's haven't come across a tranny issue yet. I think it's a solid bike but if I was going to upgrade my 02 I'd be looking at 04 or newer since they made some big changes for 04 that it seems everyone loves.

scottylook

Jul 13, 2004
OK thanks for the input. I just can't decide. Keep my bike which I have put over a grand into in just parts to update it all. Tore it down painted the frame, new black plastics, new rear linkage, new top end, new Pro Tapers, new Pro taper upper tripple clamps, new reeds, seat cover, shaved seat. Just lots of time. All I really need is some excels on that bike and it would be the goods. Or I sell that, and get a newer bike. 3K for the 03 or I have a line on the 05 at $4600

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Prices are different everywhere but 3k for an 03 seems a little on the high side, is that used or a new left over sitting somewhere? If I was upgrading from your 01 especially after spending all that dough it would likely be to go with a new 05.

zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
3000 for a good rm250 03 seem like a good price. I could have sold mine for more than that this last week. But,,, I love it so much I couldnt get rid of it. No probs EVER with 03 RM250. Only thing I had to do was monkey with the stock Jetting.. No biggie.

Rotaholic

Mar 10, 2004
See if you can take it for a ride. I could tell your for days how great my 03 RM250 is, but you need to feel it for yourself. It does have a punch like david tua and scares some riders but the beast can be tamed. Turns amazing, jumps well. Im only gonna sel mine when the 05s get cheaper or wait for an 06

Top Bottom