03' TTR 225 trouble !! wont electric start AT ALL

Craze

Nov 25, 2002
ok so i went riding last sunday and as usual it got really muddy and i drove it through some water...

my friend rode it and somehow lost it and the whole front half of the bike was sitting halfway in a pool of water in a hole in the area and the other half was sitting out on the bank

so basically it was underwater for a good 5 minutes before the rest of us got there and pulled it out..

the air box on the left side under the seat was NOT underwater and NEITHER was the battery box on the right side of the seat...

now at first it wouldnt start (its electric start) but eventually it cranked and ran again so i ran it a good while to make sure its still strong...

i took it home and as usual washed it down and oiled everything took all the plastics and seat off and cleaned the battery and all the connectors and anything that was a wire that was connected to something i disconnected them all blew and cleaned them and replugged everything...

so the next day just to be sure i started it again and it worked fine i even rode it around the street a little...

now.... its friday.. 4 days later and i go to turn it on but theres nothing...

it doesnt even attempt to start...

its absolutely dead

so i went to charge the battery on trickle charge for about 9 hours and put it back in and still NOTHING...

anyone have any leads for me to check elsewhere for possible problem?

its my first dirtbike so im learning as i go

Top Bottom