yam 3

May 19, 2000
Can you do the same mod to this years bike as you can with the 426??? I did a search but could not find the pictures describing the mod. Also there us supposed to be a baffel that you can remove it the airbox to help with performance. Any help with the above is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Remove your seat, pull the batt out and use 2 screwdrivers to pry the airbox lid past the batt box. After you get past the batt box take a pair of pliers and pull the baffel up.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Pull your tank off and under the frame is a plug with 6 wires. Look and you'll see a solid gray wire. That's the one your looking for.

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Latest issue of Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider (forget which) explains the wire mods etc.

sabooo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 2002
I think there is an explanation at www.off-road.com as well, they have a project WR450 and have done this mod. The connector is very easy to find and the wire is the only solid grey one with no additional stripe on it. It is under the tank secured to the frame. There are a few ways to do it, but basically either remove the wire from the harness delicately, or cut it a little ways out from the connector in case you want to reattach it (but you wont. :) ) Either way, be sure to waterproof the exposed end(s.) I noticed an improvement in things after cutting mine.

Cheers,
Sabooo

Top Bottom