mx_racer32

Apr 7, 2005
ive been riding blue all my life, yz80 first and ive been through 4 yz125's since then. times are changing though and i went from a high school kid who rode hard all the time and didnt care about anything to a full time worker with bills and responsibilties. i still race a few times a year but mostly just practice at tracks and ride trails very seldom. i weigh about 155 naked (not sure with gear, i guess about 12-15lbs more) which is a good weight i think but i just feel more comfortable on a 250f, it pulls me around easier and it improves my cornering a lot which is my main downfall... and im not beatin on the clutch constantly.

anyways on to my question(s)

what are the differences between the '04, '05' and the new '06 kx250f's?( i know the '06's arnt out until late summer but i dont know much about 4 strokes and havent really been keeping up with the info on them) ive been hearing a lot of problems with the valves on the kx250f's.. so my delima is pretty much blue or green. im looking to get at slightly used 250f, something with minimal riding time, or maybe brand new if i can find the right deal. if i go blue im thinkin '03 or newer because of the de-compression lever is gone... im looking for some opinons and hearing about peoples experience with these bikes. thanks.

crfisnotgood

Mar 25, 2005
Blue

Go with the blue. It is the most reliable and has more power than any others (according to the shootouts. It also rev's longer). I would go with the Yamaha because it is winning all of the shootouts, and they have the most experience with this new technology thumper stuff.

If you wait until the 06's come out, they will probably have the aluminum frame (as stated on a thread in thumper talk forum). In 06 that frame and the bike looks so nice, it will probably be a lot lighter with the frame too.

Go with Yamaha!

Top Bottom