KDX220rider

Feb 22, 2004
I have just purchased a 04 kdx220r and I'm wanting to get rid of the stock bars. I want to stay with my stock clamps, so I am looking for a good set of 7/8 bars and I will also be using Moose Bark Busters. Anyones input is greatly appreciated!!!!

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Bars

Good choice, I have an "03 220 and you're going to love it. I originally bought some Pro Taper bars from Fredette. I later changed to a Pro Taper fat bars in conjunction with a Scotts steering damper. If you have any plans to get a steering damper, that may influence what to get now. Otherwise, Pro Taper, Renthal, or other quality bars are all big improvements over stock. Pay attention to the bend of the bars. The sweep, or angle back and the heigth are important for your riding ergos and now's the time to get what fits when you order new bars.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
A CR-high bend bar is very popular and may people will reverse the stock bar clamps to move the bars forward slightly. Any aftermarket aluminum bar is going to be noticeably stronger than the stock set up. I've heard good things about the FMF 909 bars.

David

slyder

Jul 29, 2003
go with what feels good to you. i had a set of 909's on my 220 but i had problems with them. after a few more tries i finally ended up with stock kx-250 bars. they feel the best to me.its all personal prefrence anyway.

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
It depends on your height, as everyone else has said. I'm 6'1" and I've found that the old Renthal RC bend (when he was still on Kawi's) with reversed stock bar clamps are just about perfect. They are kind of hard to find (I've kept 2 sets as spares). They keep me in a more aggresive position than the CR high's, but they are a bit wider. You can always cut em' down, but with good handguards I kind of like em' wide. It's all personal preferance though, try to ride other KDXs with different bar bends. Anything lower than the RC or CR high bend makes me feel like Scott Summers hunched over a XR 650. I've found that taller seat foam helps the overall ergo's too, if you're tall.
-Nick

Top Bottom