mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
OK, I thought I was going to land in a new KTM, but as it turns out, thats not the case.

Here's my current situation. I ride a 03 KDX 200 fully loaded, and like it alot. I ride 90% very nasty trails & 10% track just for fun. I consider myself fairly fast through the woods, and completely lame on a track. (never doubled in my life).

I can get a good deal on a 04 KX 250 new. While I have ridden 250's before, it's been only around a farm. No rocky rooted steep woods stuff. It's not so much I need more power, as I just want it. Will I regret shelling out the extra cash to leave my trusted KDX?

If I get the KX, I plan to add hand guards, pipe guard, JD jetting (I hear it smooths the curve), and a Steahly 13oz. flywheel weight. Will this make a bike that is fit for the occasional "lazy" day of riding. Will the 250 start and idle as well as my trusted KDX? (considered they are both jetted right). Will the motor in general go as long between rebuilds as the KDX. (trail riding, not reaming hot laps on a track).

As for suspension, I'm 205lbs., so I'm sure the stock set up would work for me in the rocks?

What to do??? I always want more, but then again I could keep the KDX and be fairly happy....crap!

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
I picked up a cherry 01kx250 to go along w/ my 220 last winter and I've made similar mods to thoes you've mentioned....11oz ffw, help greatly with stalling on the kx, but still rips, and will easly break traction, so I don't know, maybe 13oz is better?...Suspension wise I had my kx "gone-through" by FC for woods riding, and its better than stock, but not nearly as plush as my revalved kdx220....I still ride the kdx when I plan on riding muddy, wet, root infested tight single track trails as its just alot easier to ride in those conditions....the kx is not nearly as comfortable, but don't get me wrong I've ridden it for hrs. on trails and its really, really fun to have the extra power when you need it, and it has much more hp than the kdx...hope this helps...

Top Bottom