mountainman

Mar 5, 2004
i've just started rideing this bike brand new after doing the mods to make it run correctly,rode it 50 miles on the flat never going full throttle then changed oil and filter[yam 20-40]tightened the rotor nut then took it for a 40 mile trail ride i really love this bike its great for my size 6'4" 300 lbs questions are, the manual says to adjust the valves at this time i was wondering if anyone has had experience with the yz/wr450 and at how many miles it actually needed adjustment as they want $150 to do it,and$60 just to check. the other ? is what gas station carry 95 unleaded? i am in western NC mountains. thanx for the help mountainman

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
I've got about 500 miles on my '03 WR250F and have had the valves checked once at about 50 - 100 miles. They were fine. The local shop has sold a few of these bikes and to date has not found any out of spec. I will likely be taking mine back in within a week or two to check them again. Much less expensive than fixing the motor after they have been run out of spec.

Top Bottom