sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
Ok, I have been a few rounds with this bike already here so I will list what I use and what I have done. I use super unleded gas, WAS using Yamalube at 32\1 and liked it but it made my yz85 puke oil too much even after jetting. so it had the standard stock jets in there, I then went to 2 sizes down from the list, same plug fouling issues after 2 days riding, so Sunday I had new leaner jets ready to install and thought I would take a look at the float level as well... installed the jets and readjusted the float to the upper end of what was listed in the manual...went out riding and after 1/2 a lap she was bogging big time just like it does on you when the plug is about ready to give up the ghost... but this time when I let off the throttle it idles fine....rev it it dies...tore it apart and found the main jet laying in the bowl..... I know I tightened it but anyway I installed it again and thought that would cure the problems.... this time out everything was going great! so I thought.... after about 20 min riding I found a long strech of track that I could get into 4-5 gear and hold it for a while.... then it started to bogg again so I thought it was the float level so I tore it apart again and reset it to where it was stock....went out again and after a while it would bogg and die...so in went the stock jetting and I rode for the rest of the day....I am at 5500 feet....so the stock jetting is too rich so why cant I rejet this bike leaner with out these issues? oh and a new plug was installed before the first ride.... thanks for any info! Jeff.

ride yz 250

Aug 16, 2004
sodflyer said:
Ok, I have been a few rounds with this bike already here so I will list what I use and what I have done. I use super unleded gas, WAS using Yamalube at 32\1 and liked it but it made my yz85 puke oil too much even after jetting. so it had the standard stock jets in there, I then went to 2 sizes down from the list, same plug fouling issues after 2 days riding, so Sunday I had new leaner jets ready to install and thought I would take a look at the float level as well... installed the jets and readjusted the float to the upper end of what was listed in the manual...went out riding and after 1/2 a lap she was bogging big time just like it does on you when the plug is about ready to give up the ghost... but this time when I let off the throttle it idles fine....rev it it dies...tore it apart and found the main jet laying in the bowl..... I know I tightened it but anyway I installed it again and thought that would cure the problems.... this time out everything was going great! so I thought.... after about 20 min riding I found a long strech of track that I could get into 4-5 gear and hold it for a while.... then it started to bogg again so I thought it was the float level so I tore it apart again and reset it to where it was stock....went out again and after a while it would bogg and die...so in went the stock jetting and I rode for the rest of the day....I am at 5500 feet....so the stock jetting is too rich so why cant I rejet this bike leaner with out these issues? oh and a new plug was installed before the first ride.... thanks for any info! Jeff.
I have a 02 yz 250 and win i got it, it was dowing the same thing so i put smaller jets in it and it keep dowing it so all i did was put some octane booster in the gas and it stoped.

afunk

Oct 27, 2003
I had a really bad problem with fouled plugs and bogging with my 04 YZ250 so I took it to the shop and they had to put new seals in the engine. Dont know all the details but I do know that this was a problem from the factory and they said that they had seen this a few times befor therefor there was no charge for the repair..might be something for you to look for. they also said coolant was leaking into the cylinder a little..hope it helps. good luck

Top Bottom