CRspode

May 6, 2001
Man, it looks like us two stroke fans are going to have a great stable of bikes to pick from this year. One day I want a KTM SX, the next a YZ, the next a RM and heck today I'm even looking at the KX. Honda is probably releasing theirs in September and that will only confuse things more. If you're getting a new 250 in 05, which one do you have a bead on and why? If the new SX has a monster engine in it like the last two years and the suspension has improved as much as 03->04 in 05, that may be the one for me. Also, with all the great stuff the KTM's come stock with, I think it's time for me to ride orange.

Scott
:yeehaw:

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
You know CRspode, I think honda might have something up there sleeve. I bet they where waiting to see how the cards would play with the other manufacturers and how there is an increased intrest in 2-strokes. i bet though we are going to see a new frame though. I can't wait to see how the new YZ handles, she sure looks pretty. Also don't forget about the new KX, it has gotten lost in the shuffle. Brand new from the ground up also. This is a good year for the 250's. I'm so curious to see Honda's take.

Erik

CRspode

May 6, 2001
Yeah, Erik, Honda probably has something good waiting for us. Hopefully at least the frame is updated like the 450 (not that last year's was bad though). Seems the last few years it's been the engine (if left stock) that was the low point on the CR's. They definitely have to improve it to hang with the other bikes from what the early reports on the YZ/RM/SX are saying. I'm curious about the green machines as well since they've totally been redesigned. Might come down to just picking a color this year.

Scott

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Honda is out of the picture. The bike designs have been finished months ago, and there is no way they can make any changes to their 250 now based on what the other '05s are like.

Yamaha has had the best 250 for years now, and with the aluminium frame I think they have the competition where they want them.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
I think the new YZ125/ 250 and the KX250 will be the bikes to have in 05'...If Yamaha got the frame right the lightness will be awesome...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Pick a color any color!!!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i saw the 05 yz250 at the dealers last night- nothing special.

i am going to go for the 05rm250 i think- supposed to be a great bike last year and i like the suzuki ive already got.

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
Honda will out last any other brand out there. Just look at your local track and of all the brands Honda has the most older ones still competing. I have an 01 and it is still a rocket. But I am getting a new one in 05, just because I can.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I'm thinking of maybe getting an 05 250 also. I'd probably look at the KX's first because that's what I've got now and it's been so reliable. I hate to say this, but as much as CR guys say their bikes are the most reliable buy far, the CR's are the ones I read about on here with all the problems. That one guy broke his frame in half on a new one doing a small jump?!? I do like the red color though. I think the YZ's are probably best, but all the one's I see look like they are 10 years old after 10 rides. I'd love to hear some riding impressions from anyone as soon as they get their hands on any of the 250's

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Cool! I was at a dealer by my house today and they still all 04 models with the full retail price marked on them. :ugg:

Top Bottom