weez440

Oct 22, 2005
ok i just got my yz this spring bought it as a brand new carryover. anyways i get in 6th gear and i never run it more then half throttle down the gravel road but when i am in 6th i can let off down to 1/8 throttle and there is this weird kinda rattling noise from the right side of the motor. it isn't the pipe backrapping either. i speed up and everthing is ok again and it runs perfect. any ideas?

mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
sounds like pipe rattle to me my bike does the same thing when your going slow the engine isnt making enough noise to cover up the rattle sounds but when you rev up it covers it up. But it could be detonation or something along those lines. Try revving your bike with your boots on the pipe to hold it still.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Try fitting a piece of hose over the exhaust springs. At certain RPM's they will resinate. My buddy was complaining about his YZ. I remembered I had to replace the springs on my CR, they were aftermarket - the stock ones have the hose over them the aftermarket ones didn't. I had the same noise as his YZ - put the hose back on and away it went.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
oldfrt613 said:
Try fitting a piece of hose over the exhaust springs. At certain RPM's they will resinate. My buddy was complaining about his YZ. I remembered I had to replace the springs on my CR, they were aftermarket - the stock ones have the hose over them the aftermarket ones didn't. I had the same noise as his YZ - put the hose back on and away it went.
Simple solution to test the theory, which I too have experienced.

weez440

Oct 22, 2005
hey thanx for the prompt replies guys. i will try that and i thought that maybe it could have been something internal cause it sounds pretty horrid.

Top Bottom