Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Looks like alot of tweaking/refining, but no major changes.

I was under the impression the AMA & FIM were discouraging stinger endcaps on silencers for safety reasons. Guess Yamaha doesn't feel its an issue, or I have my story wrong. :think:

Bike looks good though! Kind of curious to see what sort of improvements will show up on the red, green, and yellow 250f's for 2005. :cool:

B

biglou

BNG for '05!!! lol The non-stinger endcap is need to be FIM legal. GYT-R has lots of cans with the cone end on them. I can't wait to see if anyone is going to race the RMZ450 this year outdoors. I forgot who it was they were thinking might do it. Hammy, maybe? Also, I guess it's a pretty strong rumor that the blue '05 2-strokes are going to be aluminum-framed. I hope when the 4's go al, they don't obscure access to the engine as much as the Hondas...

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
They changed the info on the page! Yesterday is had more spec info (albiet tough to understand with the Google translator turning French into English) ...

- more power
- new head
- new piston
- airbox modified
- intake boot more rigid
- ignition map changed
- lighter swingarm
- new linkage ratios (I think)
- new rear suspension design (shock I suppose)
- new, lighter rear support for brake assembly
- something about the rear sprocket (probably diff # of teeth)

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Hey guys,

I looked over the bike and no offense it is sort of boring. Not that i was expecting an entire new bike, but.....
I guess that it is good for resale and MXA, but sometimes I wish yamaha would upate a little more than graphics and some refinements. The thing which I don't understand is how they are constantly updating there Super Sport bikes (R1,R6) every 2 years and leave there motocrossers alone. I know there is much more to it than I realize (bean counters, engineering, what works & what doesn't, etc) but throw us a bone once in a while. ok let the flaming begin.

Erik

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I agree w/ regard to the graphics, color, etc but since I'm an offroader and not a track goon, I don't really care what it looks like - just want it to rip (let the flaming begin :joke: )

I forgot to mention that there was mention of double cartridge forks.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, I saw a spy photo of a yz125 with AF for '05 somewhere.
I guess they are going to wait till '06 to do the thumpers.... Maybe I shouldnt wait till then, they will probably need some time to work the bugs out of it, or maybe not, all the companies make AF crotchrockets , so they know the technology, plus they can rip apart the crf's to see how they are made....
I would have to admit, I am disappointed that it didnt come out. seems as tho most agree the crf's AF offer a better ride position... what about harshness tho? 2 of my friends have cr250's and state that the frame is harsher and less forgiving......I remember Yamaha stated years ago that the AF's they made were so comparable to the steel frame that they didnt want to go that route....flame on!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, it does appear as tho it is another panel to the tank, but I do not see any mounting areas, could also be the part of the tank-but then there doesnt appear to be any seams????
They're not airbrushing pre-bikes nowadays are they? (like models?)
Right on BigLou with the frt brake routing.....

Top Bottom