mxrcr4

Mar 14, 2005
I have ordered gold valves for my shock and forks on my 2006 CR 250. I weigh about 180-185 and ride pretty hard B class vet. I want something very smooth and forgiving (read less arm pump!) but still take a big hit now and then when I overjump something. I definitely don't want anything super cross stiff, I am done with that. Can you give me any suggestions, tips, or advice and what all I should do and watch out for when I install these? Thanks a ton....

+30

Aug 2, 2005
rider profile

the gv specs for your riding type will all be in the package. there is a stock "peened" shock shaft that will need machined- or filed off very carefully, pay very close attn to the instructions, there is little room for error when removing the stock peening. You will be only removing the outter diameter and keeping the inner diameter of the shock shaft. refer to instructions. I like my gv set up, I ride vet c, will move to b soon. So I can say I did feel a difference on the highspeed chop, less headshake. I keep my oil level a little on the high side for bottoming resistance and lighter springs for my weight. The video is very old, you will need to go by the printed valving charts that will be included with your kit. The difference in the shock was harder to quantify from stock. One thing that kind of gets me is the split ring on the shock gv. Im sure its fine and I have used mine for a long time now, but it just looks like it could slip and get stuck. Have never heard anyone complain of this though....btw, what made you choose the 06 cr? have you done any motorwork to get the bottom up to par? just asking Im shopping soon...

Last edited:

Top Bottom