Jordy_H_

Nov 19, 2006
HI, My name is Jordan, i am 5"2, and 130 pounds. I have sold my XR100. Got a new '06 KX 100. BIG DIFFERENCE! Anyways, its been half a year im riding, and i put my bike away for the winter. I drive STRICTLY MX. I have two local motocross tracks, one of which i am intending of racing some friendly matches with 125's. And, my birthday has just passed and i have collected a good 700$. My bike basically NEW. My father and i are very good at maintenance. I'd just like to know some simple mods that can get some bang for my buck. (E.G, pipes, air filter, reed valves, handlebars ect.) I would like some advice asap so when i take my bike out in the spring, i can put on the mods and start racing! THX for helping.

corvettesR1

Nov 20, 2006
hi Jordan i have a question maybe you or your dad could help me with .I know a guy with a kx100 and he trying to do a top end rebuild . He says there is a silver box between the upper and lower end on the bike and hes not sure how to remove this item.Would you know whats this is and suggest a way to remove it . As he describes it there are no bolts to it .Thanks for any help here .

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
Depends on what you want. If your looking for more bottom endi I would buy an FMF gnarly pipe, a Power Core 2 silencer and a Boyeson RAD valve. If you want to do some motor work, send your motor to Eric Gorr and have him port it (if he does that on 100's).

Matt Fisher

Apr 17, 2002
There is nothing you can do to that bike that will make you faster around the track than if you spend it on yourself. Get a local pro to spend some time and coach you on proper technique, training, etc. You may also find that a racing school fits into your budget instead of a local guy.

You'l be lucky to drop 1/2 second off your lap times with reeds and a pipe, but you'll drop several seconds with proper instruction.

Jordy_H_

Nov 19, 2006
Thanks for all the help guys, ya the summer comming up i will be intending on joining a camp of some sort, or atleast get a lot more practice. A racing school seems quite interesting. Im going to try and maybe do some shopping for the reeds and a pipe, put i guess you guys are right, its about me. Oh by the way corvettes, im sorry i cant help you, but like i said my KX100 is brand new, my father and i took some parts off for normal maintenance, but audbviously my top end doesnt need rebuild, so we never looked into it, i suggest looking in your owners manuel, isn't that what it's for!?

Thanks for answering, anymore tips, help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom